Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ticket price!  (Read 1369 times)

srjohn

• Former member
Ticket price!
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:08:35 AM »
Hey All,
I just came back to AWS after being of for a bit, and was in Lima, Peru (Churchill Air)
Simple question for all you AWS professionals out there.
Each year your staff demands more money and increase in lease fees on the planes etc etc etc...
Do you guys do a wide sweep increase on all ticket prices and types (if so how many % increase)
or do you look for the most profitable route to add the extra 

In DOTM i did 5% across the board and it seems my customers did not like it, they dropped off  :-[

Your words of wisdom is need here
Thanks
Steve  :D

brique

• Former member
Re: Ticket price!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 04:12:02 AM »
I beleive DOTM is still running on the older pricing model, so any more than a few % price increase will get a bad reaction from your passengers : was known as the 'death cliff' due to the sudden nature of the drop. Newer game-worlds are much easier to raise prices in.

Most common recommendation is to up your prices generally 1% at a time, every one or two days (RL days) and see how it goes, if your loads drop fast, its too much, if they stay solid, count the extra revenue :)

You can still modify individual routes, if one is suffering more, lower prices there ; alas, until the next DOTM, raising prices too high is not really an option on popular routes, due to that damn cliff...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:14:07 AM by brique »

srjohn

• Former member
Re: Ticket price!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:17:28 AM »
Thanks Brique,
Yep that would explain why my customers drop me quicker than a bad habit.  ;D
Thanks for the tip as well i will keep it in mind for the next time

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.