Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Replacement Aircraft  (Read 1348 times)

mean123

• Former member
Replacement Aircraft
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

Does anyone ever lease or buy replacement aircraft to fly routes that the original aircraft cant fly due to D checks? Would it be wise to do this?

cheers

Offline SAC

• Members
Re: Replacement Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
First rule I have is I never D check a leased a/c if at all possible.  I take into consideration when an a/c's next D check is due when acquiring it and lease it for a period that ends before the next D check is due.  If I do have to do D checks I do tend to have 1 or 2 a/c of each type spare to take over in the mean time.
...it's not over until I say it's over

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
Not really. In some cases i'll upgrade the aircraft to something bigger while the AC is in D check.

Overall the aircraft go in and out of maintenance when there due.  (Granted were talking about owned aircraft, as paying a lease for an aircraft in D check is pretty silly.)

I guess you could do that without much problems.. but that's alot micromanagement... too much for me. I do enough little things that insure a high profit margin already :)

Talentz

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »
Thanks guys. I use to have a very good profit margin until this fuel came in so now need to do everything possible to get as much revenue in as possible.  :( Not good enough yet to maintain good profit margin in these conditions.

Offline Monica

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 06:52:28 AM »
Thanks guys. I use to have a very good profit margin until this fuel came in so now need to do everything possible to get as much revenue in as possible.  :( Not good enough yet to maintain good profit margin in these conditions.

Raise prices on all routes that you have monopoly on :) It should give you a boost.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »
I used to do that in my first game in Beginners World, but once you get over a certain fleet size it just becomes too bothersome and time consuming in my eyes, so I don't do it anymore.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
I do it all the time, even when I get up to a fleet of 800+ aircraft.  That's a D-Check every three game days, on average  :o

With some pre planning it's not that difficult and I DO like to micro-manage.  You just need a couple of spare aircraft of each type (maybe three for "Very Large" Aircraft which take longer).  I try to keep six months ahead of the due dates to give me a buffer.  I also plan carefully - such as only buying aircraft when less than 16 years from end-of-game and trying to avoid buying stuff between 10 and 8 years from the end.  This all saves a few D-Checks.

You need to keep a spreadsheet containing details of each aircraft so you can keep track of where you're up to.  When I go on holiday and don't take a laptop, things SERIOUSLY fall to pieces!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.