Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] 'Show Airports with no airlines based there'  (Read 1429 times)

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
[ok] 'Show Airports with no airlines based there'
« on: November 10, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »
I have just joined the modern times world and have spent the last half an hour searching for an airport and thought wouldn't it be so much easier if you had the option 'show airports with no airlines based there' .If anyone else agrees please say so :)

Best Regards,
Aerlingus1916
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:08:57 AM by sami »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: 'Show Airports with no airlines based there'
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »
I disagree.  I think all airports should be listed with the number of airlines based there (not just empty ones) and the percent of slots free :)  No reason it should take more than 5-10 minutes to select an HQ and setup shop, but when you join the game halfway through it can take forever to find a viable base.

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »
Yes but it would save you that time it takes you to select a base.

Oh and to add to my last comment you should as a person previously stated be able to view routes go into route planning e.t.c.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 02:05:53 PM »
See posts in topic "initial pocedure".

fenwayair

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Picking a base is more than the number of airlines based there.  You can find a base with no airlines based that presents limited growth....or a crowded base with more potential.  Only way to find out is clicking on each and looking at each airline, their routes and potential for growth. 

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
He is not saying ONLY see airports with no airlines based at the start page. He is just saying to have this option would be good.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
as an option, maybe : but it is not that much of a help. True, an occupied airport may contain a pro who would eat you up and use the bones to extend the runway to a squeeze another A380 in... but its just as likely to have an inexperienced player running 5 aircraft types in a fleet of 6, poorly scheduled and heading for the knackers yard : in which case, its worth examining for future potential once the bailiffs clear them out. And if you exclude occupied bases from your initial search, how will you ever know which kind was there?

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
Thanks Araska ;D

Newcomers would spend a long time looking for an unoccupied airport and I just think if it said as an option 'Only show unoccupied airports' would be quite heplful

fenwayair

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
Its a good concept.  But, even some occupied airports present great opportunities.  and some unoccupied airports wont get you much. 

Im one or two steps above a novice and went through the same thing that you are not too long ago in this game.  i Played parts of MT6 as well.  Its definately a learning process.  Each failure will advance your skills and understanding. 

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
But why not have this OPTION? He is not saying that airports with another airline based there are pointless, he is just saying he would like to be able to view airports without airlines. Personally, I agree.

fenwayair

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
I think its a fine option to have.  My point is: the number of airlines operating at one airport is only one element in determining if its worthy of a base.  In my opinion, its a very small element.  Size of the airport, quality of the competitors and availability of routes are a lot more important.  A search for unoccupied airports won't show any of that. 

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
Yes but it will help the newcomer instead of searching through 3/4 pages looking for an unoccupied airport. I get what you mean but it makes it that little bit easier for a new airline :)

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:08 PM »
As I proposed in the other thread, problem starts with being unable to look into details at initial startup.For every other startover during the game you have total insight. Sheer number of based airlines really doesn´t tell you anything of possible potential hosting another one, or if lonely airports offer enough routes not yet served by incoming traffic already.
I still don´t see any reason why you can´t look into a game world like any other participant, having decided to be a part of it and having paid your "entrance fee".
Maybe with all those possibilities that additional function wouldn´t be needed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:31:31 PM by exchlbg »

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »
I do totally agree woth you on that one

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »
Could you consider this sami?

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »
How ckme this topic hasnt been - yet??

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 01:11:33 AM »
It implies sami is considering it  8)

Aerlingus1916

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »
Oh cool! :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
The value was based airline was added to airport searches in new layout

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.