Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: My routes suddenly no longer have slots?  (Read 1941 times)

mean123

• Former member
My routes suddenly no longer have slots?
« on: November 09, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »
Hi,

I had a look at my notification view on manage routes and for some reason 5 of my routes which previously had slots and has been flying for around a year suddenly has no slots. Before i put it on the bug forum is there a reason that this can happen?

Thanks

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: My routes suddenly no longer have slots?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Maybe you ordered new aircraft, old one left fleet and new one took to long to show up. There must have been warnings, too.
Itīs right not to post on bug forum, because itīs probably something you forgot about (didnīt recognize.),slots (like staff) donīt disappear over night without reason, now we got to find that reason.
So also as for bug forum same counts here: be precize !
What routes ,which aircraft were flying, changes in aircraft/schedule ,and so on.Otherwise we have to make wild guesses like mine.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »
I bet your slots expired from non use... 

brique

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »
My wild guess is this one :

OP ignored anti-monopoly warnings and as the routes were withdrawn, the slots expired.

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »
They were SH routes from SVQ to ZAZ, VLC, OVD, LCG, IBZ and CPH. with 733/4/5. It wasnt a new aircraft as these aircraft were flying the routes previously. Is a D check Long enough to expire the routes? Only thing is that i never got any emails warning me of it. Thanks

brique

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »
A,B,C,D-checks should not affect slots, the aircraft is still 'credited' as flying the route during those checks. So that's not the cause.

do you check for route notifications often? I mean, is it possible that the aircraft never had these particular slots allocated when scheduled and its only now you have noticed them? They would still be flying their other routes so it may not have been apparent that some were not being flown?

BTW : what game-world is this in, MT#7?

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »
Yes, it's MT7, I check them aound once every real week (should probably check them more often). But I do remember that all my aircraft from SVQ were making decent profits and without those routes with no slots it leaves one route to make the aircraft a decent profit but i cant see that happening. and i was specifically looking at my SVQ to ZAZ routes and was impressed. Well route aquisition at SVQ is quite cheap so buying them again doesnt really matter. Just wondered if there was anything anyone knew about it so I could prevent it. May well have been a mistake I made that i cant think of.

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
(like staff) donīt disappear over night without reason, now we got to find that reason.

And for the record, as much as I agree with your political stance, That happened, simply because it was impossible for me to do anything to the game as i did not play it during this time but hey, i think we should agree to disagree.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »
Yes, it's MT7, I check them aound once every real week (should probably check them more often). But I do remember that all my aircraft from SVQ were making decent profits and without those routes with no slots it leaves one route to make the aircraft a decent profit but i cant see that happening. and i was specifically looking at my SVQ to ZAZ routes and was impressed. Well route aquisition at SVQ is quite cheap so buying them again doesnt really matter. Just wondered if there was anything anyone knew about it so I could prevent it. May well have been a mistake I made that i cant think of.

Yeah, had a look and there are enough slots there so it would be hard to imagine you scheduled a route without getting any slots for it, which can happen in more slot-restricted airports. I assume you re-bought the slots and the flights now happening are the actual routes that were affected? Did consider an over-supply problem, but again, a quick glance doesn't ring any alarms on that front either. I hadn't noticed any warnings about your destinations being closed/moved, which can upset schedules due to changed flight times. So, without being able to look at things inside your airline as and when they actually happened, I've run out of ideas as to the cause of your problem.

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »
Yes, Thank you for your time in trying to find out what it was. I have no idea whatsoever. Yes i rebought the slots and at the moment the flights that were affected are running fine. hopefully it stays that way,  :) Cheers though.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
You said youīre checking your routes once a real-time week? I agree with you to do that more often, if only at a short glance, if everything is still up and running. Maybe you will have to focus your game concept a little bit off the just-expansion-and let-go system to more like "setting up a route and care for it". Too many things can happen, especially if you consider changing competition situation with so many BKs and startups around you.And you will notice somethingīs going wrong earlier, when reason is still apparent.

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 11:17:30 PM »
With staff situation it was fine 5 real hours earlier. That i check twice daily.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 12:03:53 AM »
5 real hours still are ten game days (about), a lot can happen or develop during this time.Optimal check for routes would be once a game week,
since that is the time span for average passengers/ticket sales numbers and aircraft results.Ok, this isnīt doable with large airlines and having a life outside AWS, but I suggest as often as possible.
As counted for me, I donīt have to check staff situation at all, leaving it to automatic.Trying to handle it by hand means a lot of attention you obviously should lead to other aspects of your business.Staff can be messed up easily, turning your business downwards during real-life hours.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:08:58 AM by exchlbg »

jevvim

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
I also lost slots of flights I was actively flying, while at the same time the auto-system was complaining about routes I had pre-booked before new aircraft arrived. Due to delays, I didn't get on in time to put the new routes on new flights, but ended up losing all my slots, even for routes that were being run!

And now my finances are at a point where I can't re-buy the lost slots, and I'm spiraling down for bankruptcy. Put a support ticket in two days ago, but now even more time has passed and my company is even further in the red. Debating restarting my airline now instead of waiting for admin to get around to it...

So I definitely believe their is something that causes inappropriate slot losses hiding in the sim engine. If only I had the finances to recover my lost slots...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 12:38:24 AM »
There is no hidden mechanic thatīs stealing slots. You said it yourself: you scheduled routes for aircraft that were not about to be delivered soon or not assigned right after delivery.System removes unused slots, sometimes even when you are already flying, but started too late.
Easy solution: donīt make schedules for something that isnīt there. Itīs against slot-hogging game rules anyway.
Learn more about it in written game rules about scheduling.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:46:37 AM by exchlbg »

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:08:29 AM »
The rules also say you can open routes within 4 weeks of flying them. But for this situation it does seem you scheduled them earlier than 4 weeks before delivery date.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 01:33:51 AM »
I took a quick look into your airline and can only say that there is no way you can recover, nor would it have worked out in the first place, even if all your birds were flying. ROA is not a good place to start an airline from, especially if you are going after small airplanes.
Itīs very hard to survive first monthīs losses with an Embraer fleet anyway, but ROA has no potential for them at all. There are no fitting routes to nearby airports where you can fly them at least 5-6 times a day. Starting with Atlanta was another mistake ,too, because slot costs are way too high for a young airline and for Embraer routes anyway. Just try to calculate how long you would have to fly with good revenues only to pay them ! If you try a start with a 30-seater, look out for an airport, where typical routes for this aircraft are abundant.
(Tip: open up route planning and start searching for nearest routes first, not for biggest airports !)
Another thing is starting with 5 aircraft right away, you paid too much money for leasings and slots already, nothing is left for the first hard year, where your planes donīt fly in any positive revenue.Be patient, start slow and keep always money in your hands for those costs you will face.....

jevvim

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 02:08:51 AM »
exchlbg, as I said before, "I also lost slots of flights I was actively flying." I agree that there were slots that should have been removed, but ALL of my slots - even those being flown - were pulled. Ideally, this should be fixed by re-simming without the slots improperly pulled, and I'd see where I'm at. But having to buy all of the ATL slots twice is what killed my airline right now.

As far as if it would have worked out... that's why we play games. Definitely wouldn't have been contending for even a Top 25 airline slot, but feel that I could have made a happy little system that worked out of ROA. The only question is whether I should give up, or wait for Admin to get to the issue ticket and see what, if anything, he can do to fix this - or explain why the system pulling actively flown slots was correct.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 02:36:10 AM »
As I said, slots will be removed even when they started to be flown, when the date of first usage was overdue (1 month).
Other players faced this before, you will have to accept that. Playing the game also includes obeying game rules or dealing with consequences if you donīt. Itīs a learning process. I donīt want to spoil your fun, but you play this game for such a short time. You are playing Beginnerīs and full-game worlds at the same time. Fine. but donīt take something thatīs working during the first months in Beginnerīs World as a rule to work over here. As said before, your airline was set up for doom already before you lost those slots, we are not talking reaching top 25 position, itīs more like staying on position 425 until BK.Nothing wrong with a small airline. But even a small business follows economical rules.
If you donīt believe me, start the same thing all over again and we will talk again after your first game year.....

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »
(fyi, I've looked into that but no definitibe answer yet, so hence no reply yet. Also if you can still wait a while before bankrupting or anything that way)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.