Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Image -100  (Read 1188 times)

KM449

• Former member
Company Image -100
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:23:59 AM »
Hi

I have a serious problem with my company image. It dropped to the absolute minimum. I lowered salaries in order to keep my airline running first. Now I have taken very aggresive mesures to raise my Image. I have raise the salaries from a total of 150'000 to 220'000. Also I make a nationwide capmaign on TV.

This is very expensive, so I hope i will survive that, is there anything else I can do?

My Airline: SOAR international Airlines - KMCI
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:32:42 AM by KM449 »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Company Image -100
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »
What is your punctuality and flight cancellation %?

It seems you've scheduled flights too close to each others. Try increasing the turn around time at destination as well as at your HQ. Your Bristol Type 170 Wayfarer need a minimum of 25 minutes for turn around, and that results in 25% chance of delay/cancellation. Delay and cancellation will have greatly negative impact on your CI.

Increase the time to 40 mins, you'll see the chance drop to ~1%

It's pretty hopeless now, so I guess restart will be a better solution than curing the situation

Cheers

HP

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
Lowering salaries for earning more money? Very doubtful. Donīt mess with the staff department, especially being a young airline.
If you donīt pay your people, their morale is sinking, causing even more delays and a bad image overall.
Try to turn all your aircraft at times, when there is a 1% chance of delay, even then you will see a fair amount of delays/cancellations because of other reasons (aircraft condition/weather).
Nationwide campaigns only pay off for big airlines to get to/stay at 100 CI. Even with aggressive marketing CI wonīt come back very fast from-100. Youīll go under before seeing results.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:57:57 AM by exchlbg »

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
I have a lot of cancellations due to unmotivated staff. My Turnarounds are at 40 minutes. I wait how it will progress...I'm now at -99 ;D

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
Good luck !

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »
Best advice: Restart your airline.

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
The world is overcrowded. I would have no chance restarting it. besides that, I make profit.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Don't get me wrong, but you run five Wayfarer. I don't see anything big you have to lose. The starting money alone can lease you more than five Wayfarer (by the way, not the best aircraft of that era and just turning in a slight profit because you own them, binding lots of money and slowing you down even more).

Your staff morale is really down and your CI can't be worse. Both is time consuming and very money consuming to rise.

Even if you some day in the far future are back to a positive CI and staff morale you are way behind.

However, your airline, your decisions. I just don't get why people ask for help and then ignore it and think they know better. It's like flying an aircraft over the middle of the Atlantic with an empty fuel tank and you think about ordering new tires for it because the current ones start to get old.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
Thereīs always a place to start a new airline, it just takes hard effort and click-power to find it.
You really are talking about profits ? Besides maybe green numbers at flight/aircraft page? How do week/month/quarter income look, regarding your expensive campaign ?

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »
SC God, I am not ignoring the advices. I am thankful for all your help! But I already tried it in different worlds and always I failed after some days. I have enough!

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Have you read the FAQ that is linked in my signature?

Purchasing aircraft at the beginning is never a good move. It's better to lease aircraft and start purchasing the aircraft you want to keep until gameworld end or for at least 10 years.

Also try to use aircraft with at least 50 standard seats, smaller aircraft are making very few profit.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
Sorry to state the obvious, but you spelt Dog backwards in your user name  ;)   :laugh:

Never read your guide before Curse, so just had a look and I admit it would help if I were new at the game...pretty good job and worth a read if you are new.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:43:31 PM by SAC »
...it's not over until I say it's over

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
There is just no way to run a new airline on a big airport, when all routes are overserved 3 times! Every other airport has maybe 5 good destinations and the rest has a demand of about 10 pax. How on earth should I succeed??? :o

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
Seriously, a freakin name change?

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »
The basic question is, KM449, how on earth you will success with your current airline at the very moment?

Neither Mr. HP, nor exchlbg nor myself have any interest in making you restart just for fun.

Yes, your situation is very unlucky at this moment. But don't lose patience and don't lose fun with the game, take it as a chance and remember what happened when you found a new airline this and in future gameworlds.

Big airports are indeed crowded. Why don't you simply restart at Kansas? I pointed out before you wouldn't lose much - same airport, money for some good aircraft and the same routes if you want, but without any complications due to low CI or, much worse in my eyes, low staff morale.

If you have specific questions or problems with your airline then, you already noticed here are many people trying to help you. Yes, you didn't get the answer you wanted, but what kind of help would it be to talk after what you want and not talk about what could help you?

So, stand up and rebuild your airline! Do it for the poor PAX out of Kansas City! :)

KM449

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »
Gregory

Thank you. I restarted my Airline in Miami. Yes that airport is overcroweded and yes maybe that is not a good decision. But I just do not see a way to grow in Kansas. On the other hand Growing up in miami is not possible either due to heavy competition. Every time I start up an airline i learn something new. This time, it is the first time that the company Image is rising in the positive. Load factor is very bad and good destinations are far away. Maybe I will fail again, I have not enough experience to know that, but I willl certainly again learn something.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:18:40 PM by KM449 »

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »
AirwaySim is a game of learning. I played many gameworlds before and was ver succesful in every one - and in this gameworld I made something stupid. It happens to everybody and even later, when you are a well known good player, you will make mistakes. Never give up and try to save your airline, but sometimes one has crossed the line so the best move is to restart.

In the first 1-2 month of every gameworld all airports are crowded. I see two timeframes where it is good to start: At the very beginning, gaining advantage over your competitors so they can't BK you and later, after 1-2 real time month into the gameworld, when the chaos is over. People have left, some ofters have shown they are weak and some are strong.
Often there are 3-4 good airports with no airline and 10-15 more with a weak one.

Anyways what you do now is gaining experience and that's something that's crucial and, that's the most coolest thing, nobody can ever take it away from you!

If you ever face a situation you need a second opinion on, please feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Several people, including me, don't know "stupid questions" sent via PM (I noticed many people fear to ask due to that), we only know to answer as helpful as possible. :) I don't know from which part of Switzerland you are, but if you prefer writing PM in German to me, that's possible too.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.