Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: TRAPPED IN LIMBO  (Read 676 times)

Karl1464

• Former member
TRAPPED IN LIMBO
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
Hi,

firstly i am new to AirwaySim, which might explain my current predicament.

Having joined at the very start of the game, as the second airline at Frankfurt, I purchased 2 old Dakotas, and set up schedules for them.

By the time I have earnt enough money to rent / buy other aircraft there are no slots left !!

I have no way of expanding my fleet, therefore unless I have 15 aircraft, I cannot open a new base ( also after waiting 18 months I know )

I have some newbie questions:

1.  How on earth do some airlines purchase 15 + aircraft in the time I only managed to buy 2?
2. What do i do now, seeing as there are no slots left at my base airfield?
3. I am making money, but cant spend it, or can I?
4. Should I just give up and try somewhere else?
5. In readiness for the next world, what are the best tactics to keep up with the high rollers on here, when the new game starts?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I am gobsmacked how quickly some airlines have grown so quickly compared to myself, and I do put some time into this game ( maybe not anymore ) so can anyone tell me what am I missing out on doing?

Thanks for any advice / info - Karl Hughes - CEO Frankfurter Airlines
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:49:11 AM by Karl1464 »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: TRAPPED IN LIMBO
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:52:09 AM »
Hello,

1) Dakotas are too small to really make money and you should lease aircraft at first and not purchase them.

2) Wait for more slots or change the airport.

3) You can order aircraft.

4) I suggest doing this. And I suggest playing Beginner's World first and reading all the FAQ in the General Forums etc.

5) Lease useful aircraft that are available in huge numbers. For Jet Age this could be CV-240 series or DC-6, for a DotM this could be 737 1st generation or DC-9 and for MT this could be 737 classic to name some examples.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
You've restarted, so I can't see your old airline.

But I think the biggest thing you've done differently is buying your first two planes. That ties up a lot of money, and gives you a very small revenue stream. So it takes a lot of time to have the money to get more planes.

I just looked, I leased my first 24 planes. By the time I'd done that, I had plenty of revenue coming in, and could afford to start buying some planes. I still only bought 4 of the next 15, the other 11 were leased. That increased revenue even more. The steady supply of DC-6Bs in the used market has also dried up, so I now get planes less frequently. Put those together, and I had the cash to buy 11 of the next 14. So I now own 15 planes, and my weekly profit is enough for me to buy 1 used DC-6/week, if I can find them.

Basically, 2 weeks into the game, you had 2 owned dakotas to make you money. I had 5 leased DC-6, and 6 more ordered. Then it just snowballs from there.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »
You've restarted, so I can't see your old airline.

But I think the biggest thing you've done differently is buying your first two planes. That ties up a lot of money, and gives you a very small revenue stream. So it takes a lot of time to have the money to get more planes.

I just looked, I leased my first 24 planes. By the time I'd done that, I had plenty of revenue coming in, and could afford to start buying some planes. I still only bought 4 of the next 15, the other 11 were leased. That increased revenue even more. The steady supply of DC-6Bs in the used market has also dried up, so I now get planes less frequently. Put those together, and I had the cash to buy 11 of the next 14. So I now own 15 planes, and my weekly profit is enough for me to buy 1 used DC-6/week, if I can find them.

Basically, 2 weeks into the game, you had 2 owned dakotas to make you money. I had 5 leased DC-6, and 6 more ordered. Then it just snowballs from there.

+1

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.