Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No Alliance rush in Jet Age 7?  (Read 1244 times)

Hwoarang

• Former member
No Alliance rush in Jet Age 7?
« on: October 31, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
Just curious, why aren't alliances rushing to start their alliance in this game world?

Offline Meicci

• Members
Re: No Alliance rush in Jet Age 7?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
Alliances cannot be formed yet.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:36 PM »
We still have 25 days before we can set up an alliance...?

Talentz

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »
Sounds a fairly plausible reason!!

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »
Thought the game had started on January 1th, 1955 :-[ My bad!

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
I really can't see the point of joining an alliance. It's just an extra cost with few(no) benefits.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »
You have not been in a good alliance then !   They are worth every single penny, or at least good alliances are any way.

In a good alliance you have upto 24 active players on your side.  They will support you, they will advise you, they will order a/c for each other, and be of financial assistance should you need it.  On top of that, you make some very good friends who end up caring about your airline as much as they do their own.

It also gives another aspect to the game, as your interest is spread over not just your airline, but your fellow alliance airlines and the alliance itself.  Many Elite airlines join worlds just to be part of the team, and earn the team points with little interest paid to personal achievements.

I may also be correct in thinking that joining an alliance has a slightly positive effect on load factors, offsetting some of the alliance fees.

I can understand your comment about small, or not active alliances, as with few numbers or activity you'll get little help and little support for your money.  It all boils down to choosing the right alliance.

Life without an alliance seems such a very lonely and boring place to me, but each to their own I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:11:21 AM by SAC »
...it's not over until I say it's over

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

Life without an alliance seems such a very lonely and boring place to me, but each to their own I suppose.

I wouldn't play without an alliance. It's like playing and having my mates help me out!!

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
Being an alliance manager is really good for picking up chicks.

Don't know if there are other benefits in joining an alliance.

;D

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
You have not been in a good alliance then !   They are worth every single penny, or at least good alliances are any way.

In a good alliance you have upto 24 active players on your side.  They will support you, they will advise you, they will order a/c for each other, and be of financial assistance should you need it.  On top of that, you make some very good friends who end up caring about your airline as much as they do their own.

It also gives another aspect to the game, as your interest is spread over not just your airline, but your fellow alliance airlines and the alliance itself.  Many Elite airlines join worlds just to be part of the team, and earn the team points with little interest paid to personal achievements.

I may also be correct in thinking that joining an alliance has a slightly positive effect on load factors, offsetting some of the alliance fees.

I can understand your comment about small, or not active alliances, as with few numbers or activity you'll get little help and little support for your money.  It all boils down to choosing the right alliance.

Very well said. I never cared to finish a Game world until I joined an alliance full Time. Even if there was not slight boost to LF I would still gladly pay the fee.
APB Airlines

Offline BOEING717

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »

I 100% agree. I was not even going to play JA7 but some friends from MT (and BW before that) were in and wanted to continue the alliance. The game is night and day, some great banter, advice and as said you not only care about your airline but the rest in your group. This game is for fun and Global Express has made it that for me. We are a tight alliance with constant messaging back and forth. When one member tries something out of the box they pass it along. It is worth the small price and then some.

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
Being an alliance manager is really good for picking up chicks.

Don't know if there are other benefits in joining an alliance.

;D

I am forever dropping in that I'm a founding member of a global airline alliance when I hit the bars.....

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 02:36:30 AM »
Most of my alliance experiences have been with "zombie alliances". Since you can't see the alliance forum until you join, you have no idea how active the dialog is (or in one case, how toxic).

However, my most recent alliance experience was in JA5 (I've been away for a while). Solid group of players, most of them active in the forum, and while we weren't the biggest or highest-rated we had a good balance of veterans and noobs, and a high level of cooperation without getting too bogged down in rules, procedures, and nitpicking. That was by far my most successful airline.

Still, I only join an alliance in about 1/4 of the games I play. Just a personal preference depending on the type of carrier I'm trying to run. Small niche airline, I stay independent. Mega-fortress-hub carrier, 50/50 chance I'll join an alliance.

I've never founded one. I do enough cat-herding at work  ;D

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 08:53:48 AM »
I've had a couple of good experiences with Qualiteam and Red Star was a really fun group for a while in DoTM. I helped to found one in Beginners World when I first started but I forget what that was, a good group though. Little Birds in MT7 is my favorite so far with our dedication to keeping things like the E120 in production. I join alliances more for the community than the prestige, otherwise you are just wasting money on a little understood possibility of slightly better marketing.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.