Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Serious Problem with the Asian Demand?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Meicci

• Members
Re: Serious Problem with the Asian Demand?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »
I have no idee whats happen when Narita will open.

You can choose that. Automatically you will be moved to Narita, but if you wish to stay at Haneda, you can inform sami via PM.

Anyway, it will be quite a mess, since every international demand/route of yours disappear if you stay at HND..

Offline schlaf

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
You know when it will open?

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
May 20, 1978 was the opening date in real world.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
LOL!!!

I have no idee whats happen when Narita will open. Never played this gameworld before, just stucked to ModernTimes for quite some years now..

I miss USA, almost always played there, a lot more action than in Tokyo.. So next JetAge you can have Tokyo for your self ;D, Im leaving!!

It will be quite fun to grow up and become a 18month old airline this time, I think=)

It's not too late to start up in the USA for this world. I can lease you a bunch of cheap DC6s if you do.  :laugh:

No Tokyo for me next time, either. I try and base somewhere different each world.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »

What does happen when Narita opens? Are automatically moved, or do we remain in the new, all-domestic Haneda?

Found this in Manual. You should have learn it by heart Sanabas, since it's you who's given me lots of information/knowledge since I joined AWS 3 months ago

New airport opening, and old airport remains open nearby
- There only a couple of such cases in the history where a new major international airport opens to a city and the old international airport remains still open but is "degraded" into secondary or domestic airport. For example in Tokyo (Haneda / Narita).
- In these cases the demands to and from the city's airports will usually change, and players flying to these airports must always check their routes and re-schedule if needed.
- The system moves automatically all airlines and routes to the new airport, since in most cases the larger portion of the passenger demand is available at the new airport. However if the player wishes to keep his base at the old airport he should notify the administration as soon as possible he receives the first notification of the change to his in-game message box.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 01:24:46 AM »
Didn't realise the manual mentioned this case in particular.  :laugh:

From memory, Haneda actually remains the slightly bigger airport, at least if you go by the order you get in the in-game airport lists. It changes to domestic, rather than becoming a smaller, secondary airport, the way somewhere like Milan or Orly does.

There'll be some frantic restructuring with either choice. Either lots of LH demand vanishes, or big domestic routes are cut to a fraction of what they were. Should keep life interesting, at least.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »
AND...there are airlines waiting for the same slots to get into your airport as they know that the competition will be limited if they can grab these slots first.
PS - I forgot about it at the start of this game world so am now on the back-foot to my competitors and am waiting for those all important scarce slots to become available :-)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.