Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Any space to start new?  (Read 686 times)

Offline UALORD

• Members
Any space to start new?
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
I was wondering if there were amy airports in the US (preferably) that have enough space to support a new airline? I just started the Jet Age #7 and its not my kind of game i like to play. I like the more modern airlines. Anyways, if you had an idea for me you could post here or DM to me if you have ideas. I just want to see what the game looks like before dropping another 5 credits, and not having any room to start a new airline. Thanks for letting me know!!  :)

• Former member
Re: Any space to start new?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
Maybe this could be good start for you.

Skyline has declared bankruptcy
The CEO of Skyline has today made a decision to close down the airline. All operations of this airline are ceased, all staff will be fired, and all assets and aircraft are returned to their owners or to creditors.

Skyline operated from Phoenix - Sky Harbor (KPHX / PHX) airport and had a fleet of 250 aircraft in operation at the time of the closure.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
I donīt think reporting airline bankruptcies to players outside the world leads to anything. There is no guarantee that the space wonīt be taken by some other bankrupted or one already big airline by opening a new base.There is no way we do the work for new starters.
Since there are 20.000+ possible airports, but only a few hundred participants there will always be a space where you can start an airline from.
Why do you need to start in the US, if there are lonely airports to be served in the rest of the world?
Why did the original poster pay money for joining a game era he is not interested in, when he canīt afford to pay for two? Jet Age has way less possible places to start an airline from, especially in the beginning, when air traffic is small. There are always advantages and disadvantages in joining a game during opening rush or in hopping on board later, when things cleared up a bit and situation is settled.
Anyway, good gameplay and reasonable decisions will always lead to success, while thereīs a guarantee for bankruptcy in any world without doing so.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:44:10 AM by exchlbg »

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
Sorry if I made a action against game rules by sharing the bankruptcy to non-players.

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »
I was not accusing you of rule violation,there is no such rule.You could have told him also by pm, I wouldnīt have noticed.
I just doubt the tactics of the original poster. Where would it lead to if everyone from outside is making us search for a cosy place for him before he enters the world? Itīs part of the fun exploring that new world and finding a place of your own. What would he do if he thinks your tips were wrong? Make you pay him back his entry fee? There is a reason we canīt look into worlds weīre not participating. I think it should stay that way.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
Wasn't even a good suggestion. There was a reason Skyline went bust...there are a couple of other strong based airlines in PHX  ;)'s not over until I say it's over

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 09:34:28 AM »
I like to hide out in the middle of nowhere myself. I've based in Nigeria, Libya, Cuba and even put a hub in Vladivostok. Here in MT7 I wanted to be the single most isolated airline in the world so I based in Tahiti. There's always somewhere to go, I don't care how crowded a game gets. Just don't always expect to be the biggest company.

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »
OP failed with his first attempt to conquer that airport proposed to him very quickly . Heīs trying another airport now.
So whatīs the use of asking questions from outside?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.