Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What would work out best?  (Read 633 times)

mean123

• Former member
What would work out best?
« on: October 25, 2012, 07:01:11 AM »
hey everyone,

I am looking for a 90ish seater aircraft to fly up to 1300 miles. I can do my research and order a few, however i want to find something out first.

I currently operate the 737 3/4/5 family and the ATR 43/45/72 family as well as a few 767/2's, with around 70 aircraft in total, all making good profits. Would it make more financial sense to aquire more 737's and configure them for 90 seats and fly these routes without added commonality costs and extra training or aquire a new smaller more fuel efficient fleet type and have to put up with extra commonality costs and training costs?

what do you guys think would be best?

any advice and critique would be welcome.
Thanks.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: What would work out best?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
Flying thin and far away routes doesn't make good money. You can only fly 2 legs daily

If I were you, I'd open a base  8)

HP

Offline Frederik

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
In MT7 the best 90 seaters are the Bombardier 900 or the Embraer 190 - Difficult to differentiate between the 2.

However it is only worth starting a new fleet group if you ultimately need at least 20 smaller capacity aircraft. If you have only a handful of routes go for the 737500 (or 600)

Frederik
Swiss quality all over the world

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »
And you don't have to configure your B737 classics to 90 seats just to fly 90 pax routes. I'd keep them in standard config (incl. business class) depending on the route demand.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »
Use 737-300.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »
And you don't have to configure your B737 classics to 90 seats just to fly 90 pax routes. I'd keep them in standard config (incl. business class) depending on the route demand.

And as over-supply (at the right prices) will generate extra demand : its a fair chance you can start filling some of those extra seats once the route is established with high RI

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 03:24:36 AM »
And as over-supply (at the right prices) will generate extra demand : its a fair chance you can start filling some of those extra seats once the route is established with high RI

I wasn't aware of that, but that's a good incentive to fill routes more than 100% then.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.