Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel prices on the rise...  (Read 2810 times)

Offline jkwicinski

• Members
Fuel prices on the rise...
« on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
Anybody else wish they were hedged? We've gone from $145 to $281/1000 lbs over the last year!

mean123

• Former member
Re: Fuel prices on the rise...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
?? they sound like the wrong the prices, i'm hedged at $490.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »
metric vs. imperial

brique

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
In keeping with AWS tradition : my hedges all ran out just as the price zoomed into the stratosphere... many goats will suffer for this!

Offline jkwicinski

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »
Not sure you can afford the fuel to burn the goats.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
Not sure you can afford the fuel to burn the goats.

Dont need fuel : large catapult, 4 apprentice shamans on the winch : and use the main runway between flights : no problem :)

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Dont need fuel : large catapult, 4 apprentice shamans on the winch : and use the main runway between flights : no problem :)

PETA going to come and get you if you keep sacrificing goats.... LOL!

Talentz

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
As long as PETA carriers their naked chicks around (and I don't mean the animals, guys!), I don't think anyone will keep them away :D

brique

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »
PETA going to come and get you if you keep sacrificing goats.... LOL!

Talentz

Goat-tossing followed by entrail-reading is a traditional quasi-religious ceremony invoking tribal deities and immense powers the like of which PETA can not know : so, if PETA show up whining, they go on the catapult : traditional quasi-religious method for dealing with heretics and blasphemers... besides, the goats love it, they howl away happily as they fly through the air and none ever complain afterwards...

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 05:24:34 AM »
Goat-tossing followed by entrail-reading is a traditional quasi-religious ceremony invoking tribal deities and immense powers the like of which PETA can not know : so, if PETA show up whining, they go on the catapult : traditional quasi-religious method for dealing with heretics and blasphemers... besides, the goats love it, they howl away happily as they fly through the air and none ever complain afterwards...

I guess you'd have something to worry about if they did...  :P

Ok, back on OP, I'm hedged till May at 4xx something...  I'll worry about it then.

Talentz

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 03:14:13 AM »
fuel hedging  :)

brique

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 02:51:21 AM »
nice goat : Crazy Eddie is much taken with it : he offers two handfuls of shiny plastic beads, a half-full can of extra-strength lager and the shrunken head of his mother-in-law.

He reckons, with a good tail-wind, that goat will easily best the current record for goat-flinging ; he said 'That goat is a 200-yarder, or you can call me Doris!'.

Messrs Sprede, Margine & Layhoffe, bookmakers to the gentry, concur and are declining to accept any bets on the attempt.

Offline blackswan

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:25 AM »
Am I wrong or are the fuel prices currently over 4 us dollars a gallon? According my info it has never been so high in history.

cheers
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:29:47 AM by blackswan »

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 05:13:25 AM »
Yeah, I'm paying millions just to gas up a bunch of tiny turboprops. I needed a challenge though. Made a few budget cuts and lowered prices to boost LF.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 07:54:20 AM »
Am I wrong or are the fuel prices currently over 4 us dollars a gallon? According my info it has never been so high in history.

cheers

Im pretty sure it was the summer of 2008 that saw oil prices at there peak. Right before the downfall of Oct 2008.

In anycase, fuel is sure getting up there. I am surprised I can still turn a profit at this price, considering Im facing more outside competition then before. I have to wonder at what point is "no return". Can't be that far off I would think  ???

I have sent a request to the CAA for a formal investigation!!  :laugh:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,44179.0.html

Talentz

brique

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
Yeah, I'm paying millions just to gas up a bunch of tiny turboprops. I needed a challenge though. Made a few budget cuts and lowered prices to boost LF.

I broke the $1mil fuel bill mark too : damn annoying, had to cancel the free peanuts and remove the paper hand towels from the loo's to save weight : but the in-flight entertainment stays, its a special light-weight pole and we have restricted the dancers to just the three....

Offline blackswan

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »

fenwayair

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 01:55:07 AM »
Peak @ 3.88

You know what happened right after that peak?  A near total global economic meltdown.

Good times.

I havent been round long enough to know if the game timeline follows real life in a linear fashion.  Should we expect some relief in mid 2008 and a pseudo global economic crisis later in 2008?

mean123

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 02:34:50 AM »
I hope so, I want to get rid of those smaller niggling airlines annoying me at my 2nd and 3rd bases. And that will help.

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 04:53:44 AM »
The game uses random data in a rather realistic way. I believe it used to follow historical values, but now it would be pointless because people would know when to hedge.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.