Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Swap 737 for Emb  (Read 401 times)

Offline maya666

• Members
Swap 737 for Emb
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »
Hi,

I was just wondering. Would it be an idea to swap my 737 fleet for more emb 170 - 195 aircrafts? It would mean that I would have to use 2 planes on some routes instead of 1, but it also give greater flexibility towards lower demand routes.
Would this be a good idea or what are the pro's and con's?

Thank you very much.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: Swap 737 for Emb
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
Hi,

I was just wondering. Would it be an idea to swap my 737 fleet for more emb 170 - 195 aircrafts? It would mean that I would have to use 2 planes on some routes instead of 1, but it also give greater flexibility towards lower demand routes.
Would this be a good idea or what are the pro's and con's?

Thank you very much.

Pros:
The E-Jets use cheaper pilots
You get that increased flexibility (be careful with it though, flying an E170 2000NM is probably not a great idea)
You will gain increased frequency (though this is supposed to only help up to a certain point now)

Cons:
You will have lots of unused large aircraft pilots unless you are growing some other fleet of large aircraft at the same time you are ditching the 737s, so you will have to lay them off when you are done replacing the 737s, and that will cost you employee morale and CI
Depending on how many 737s you have, rescheduling will be time consuming.  You will have to manually change each route from one type to another and schedule it on the new aircraft.  (this could be much worse though, since the EJets turn faster and fly faster than 737s you at least won't have to deal with routes that won't fit, though you may have to deal with routes arriving before airports are open)
EJets can not fly as far before being penalized for being too small.
You will need significantly more slots to transport the same number of passengers.
The EJets burn more fuel/passenger than the larger 737NG (-800 & -900) (though not the 737Classics iirc)

There might be more...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.