Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Frequency benefits in MT7  (Read 471 times)

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Frequency benefits in MT7
« on: October 11, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
- Avoid using too small aircraft over too long routes. Cross-Atlantic routes on a B737 for example are frowned upon by the passengers - but may work if there is no competition. This again may be compensated by lowering the ticket prices for example, or by offering better seating quality. On shorter routes too an excessive frequency of flights does not have any meaningful effect if the route has competition.

Could anyone please explain clearly about this "excessive frequency does not have any meaningful effect"?

If the competitor has one flight that provide 150 seats, and we fly 3 times, provide 60 seats each on a 200 demand route. Is it safe to assume that each plane will attract about 50 pax?

Or does sami mean that other factors such as price, seat comfort, time now play more important roles. Thus, frequency alone is not the main element to determine market share? So, if all factors are the same, frequency would still win, right?

Thank you

HP

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Frequency benefits in MT7
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »
Your last question: yes. IF everything else is the same. But you never know....

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
yes...and no. As I recall it, from the test game feed-back/discussions/'Sami comments', 'frequency' as a factor becomes less and less effective as flights are added, apparently until extra flights have no real 'frequency benefit' at all : in which case, its not the 'game-winner' of old. But it will add some 'fire-power' in the early stages of competing for market share : but I suppose it also depends just how much demand/supply/competition is in the equation, as well as route-specific stuff like 'mini-plane' warnings : so, yes, it can help, but now its just one of the factors to be considered, along with price, seats, a/c type, CI/RI, arrival/departure times, etc...

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
Hmm, so frequency plays a less important role than before

along with price, seats, a/c type, CI/RI, arrival/departure times, etc...

Would be great if arrival/departure time is more concerned

I mean if there's 3 flights in the morning, but only 1 in the afternoon. The one in the afternoon should have attracted more than 1/4 of the demand, provided that pax are allocated equally from 5am to 11pm

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48:04 AM »
Hmm, so frequency plays a less important role than before

Would be great if arrival/departure time is more concerned

I mean if there's 3 flights in the morning, but only 1 in the afternoon. The one in the afternoon should have attracted more than 1/4 of the demand, provided that pax are allocated equally from 5am to 11pm

I agree : putting flights too close together does affect loads, but its also demand-related, seemingly : the more demand, the closer the flights can be; on thin routes, which may only support a handful of flights, then spreading times should be a good thing , but how good is deep in the formulas: but mainly, arrive/depart times seems to be more concerned about the 23.00-05.00 period and pax reluctance to land/take-off in the dark.... scaredy-cats that they be....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.