Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: It's Odd!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Karl

• Members
It's Odd!
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:45:32 AM »
Time moves so quickly in this simulation that getting a good night's sleep can change everything!

I always try to switch an aircraft in need of a C or D Check with an idle aircraft.  I have noticed that aircraft that are returned to service after a C Check (over night while I am sleeping in real world time) can sit idle for a few scenario days.  During that brief period, the idle aircraft need to have an A check - and sometimes a B check - before taking up a newly assigned schedule.

Odd that idle aircraft acquire hours and need an A or B check!   ???

Offline cmdrnmartin

• Members
Re: It's Odd!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »
"Idle Aircraft"

What are those?

Edit: Also, on an Aviation note.  Whether a plane flies or not doesn't determine whether it needs a maintenance check or not.  The schedule prescribes a check every 24/48 hours, the plane gets a line check every 24/48 hours.  I had a plane stuck up North once because of a blizzard and when the wx finally improved I had to fly in an AME to perform the line check before I could fly the plane out.  The plane hadn't moved in three days but the check still had to be made before the plane could legally fly.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:49:45 AM by cmdrnmartin »

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: It's Odd!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »
Time moves so quickly in this simulation that getting a good night's sleep can change everything!

I always try to switch an aircraft in need of a C or D Check with an idle aircraft.  I have noticed that aircraft that are returned to service after a C Check (over night while I am sleeping in real world time) can sit idle for a few scenario days.  During that brief period, the idle aircraft need to have an A check - and sometimes a B check - before taking up a newly assigned schedule.

Odd that idle aircraft acquire hours and need an A or B check!   ???

life's too short, don't bother with the C-checks.  It's impossible to keep up.  I'd also only bother with D-checks up to a certain point in size, and again it then becomes impossible to keep up.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.