Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft too small  (Read 1499 times)

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
Aircraft too small
« on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
i know that in this game world the new engine is not up but we still get those too small aircraft for route warnings.

My question is why does the game think a 767-300ER is too small of an airplane for a MIA-CDG route, considering that 767s make up the majority of transatlantic crossings today....

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Aircraft too small
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »
As I understood it, system also considers overall demand for that route.It is to prevent having that route served by too many single flights.
Still this is not a general "no" to use that aircraft. It warns giving competitors using a bigger aircraft a better chance against "frequency bombing". It is not intended to reflect reality 100%, as the whole sim nor the players do that.

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
As I understood it, system also considers overall demand for that route.It is to prevent having that route served by too many single flights.
Still this is not a general "no" to use that aircraft. It warns giving competitors using a bigger aircraft a better chance against "frequency bombing". It is not intended to reflect reality 100%, as the whole sim nor the players do that.

Maybe, but im still getting the warnings on low-density routes and regardless people still serve routes with far too many single flights, especially back in NAC where putting a 100 seat plane on a route with 4000 pax demand doesn't elicit such a warning, so i think it has more to do with range than pax demand.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:29:05 PM »
System tolerates frequency also dependant on distance, so it tolerates high frequencies on short routes, not on long ones, that way reflecting reality.System is not smarter than you. Under certain circumstances your decision might be the right one and your flight does itīs job as intended.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:41:33 PM by exchlbg »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
What about making it a nice bug report in the bug report forum?

767-300 should not be too small for any route as it is a widebody and widebodys usually don't create this message (at least this is what sami wrote as far as I remember).

Bug reports forum: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.