Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet commonality costs  (Read 700 times)

Offline ravic1978

• Members
Fleet commonality costs
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
Hello. I am planing to add to my fleet smaller aircraft and thinking about Embraer 135/140/145 family. However so far I am operating different (and only one type of aircraft). How much will it add to my commonality costs if I add new type of aircraft to my fleet? What would you say is a minimum number of aircraft from one family to have so that it makes financial sense?
Thanks!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Fleet commonality costs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »
Depends on your current number of fleets, what fleets you're flying and more....

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »
What would you say is a minimum number of aircraft from one family to have so that it makes financial sense?
Thanks!

Always have more then 10 aircraft to get your first per aircraft cost break. Outside of that, you get the best per aircraft cost after you reach 30 aircraft in said fleet type.

What the actual numbers look like, who knows.  8)

Talentz

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
You only have 1 Fleet Type so far, a second can be added without any penalty.

Offline ravic1978

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:51:15 PM »
Thanks for your info.
That's interesting about penalty - so second fleet does not start with this huge initial cost for the first plane? I will try than - thanks!
BTW - I want to add new fleet of 10-15 planes - so it seems to make sense.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
4th fleet is first steep penalty...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »
You only have 1 Fleet Type so far, a second can be added without any penalty.

Without any penalty? OK, if that concerns no heavy rise of commonality costs over whole fleet, but sure you will have to face much more costs as if you were adding another aircraft of the same family. But if you plan to order more of the new type before starting a third and forth group itīs ok.

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02:52 AM »
Well, of course the maintenance cost will be high for the new fleet initially and only break after a couple are added, what I meant was that maintenance cost for the other type are not increased when a second type is added.

Offline ravic1978

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
So I've tried. Adding first one was ca 300k a month of commonality costs. With 10 now in the fleet cost per planed went down to 60k per month. It's still high as we talk here about small 40-50 pax planes. I guess with fleet of 20 I could expect this cost to be around 45-50k a month.

I wander how much it is with bigger planes of 150-200 pax. I'd appreciate any info on that.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
Like already mentioned, precize numbers canīt be given here. But if you compare eg. selling prizes and fixed maintenance costs of concerning models and set them in relation, that might give you a hint of what to expect....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.