Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots  (Read 2430 times)

comet3506

• Former member
Slots
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »
I am having an issue with slots. In previous versions of the game you could go into debt to purchase slots when opening a new route. In this new version I can't do that, it says I don't have the money to do that. Fine Im ok with this I will adapt. My problem comes in when I purchase slots. If I purchase slots for 11am but lets say I need to make a change to 11:30 why do I need to repurchase the slots. I have the slots already why can't I just adjust the schedule for free or even a small fee? It seems that this new system of not allowing any into debt purchases hurts smaller and struggling airlines and makes it impossible to save if you run into trouble.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Slots
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
Change your time from 11:00 to 11:10 at nil cost
then change from 11:10 to 11:20 at no cost
then change from 11:20 to 11:30 at no cost

A pain..yes....but I think it was done this way to avoid slot abuse.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:04:29 AM »
The system of slot purchase was changed recently after the big "slot crisis" a few weeks ago, heavily debated. There were even more changes made, including a new F5-warning if you are opening any slot pages too often.
It was done because after opening up a new game world all slots of the big airports were gone in minutes, mainly because some players misused
the abilites in their favour.
Sometimes it protects the small struggling airlines going BK too fast spending even more money they possibly can earn on aquiring slots.
At beginning you should go for smaller airports with little slot costs anyway. Often those expensive routes donīt pay off, because they are overcrowded and your scheduling is limited.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
The system of slot purchase was changed recently after the big "slot crisis" a few weeks ago, heavily debated.

It seems that the changes with slots amounted to 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Ok, so slot release times can't be exploited unfairly, but the total slot count is now stuck way below previous MT world so there are no slot releases to expoit.

Another thing that was improved was that there is a less of an incentive to waste slots by using smaller aircraft.  But since the slot total is much lower, you still can't fly to many airports...

Example of lower slot counts is that airports that at this point in the game in MT5, MT6 would have ~80 slots now only have ~60 slots.  You can scale the 25% reduction to any airport you are trying to fly to that has no slots....

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:04 AM »
If I purchase slots for 11am but lets say I need to make a change to 11:30 why do I need to repurchase the slots. I have the slots already why can't I just adjust the schedule for free or even a small fee?

You don't need to repurchase them. You are only paying a small fee for moving it by 20 minutes+

Offline kangkang

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:41:31 AM »
Hi all,

i put my MD-83 on a C-check for 14 days, so i shut down its route, for example: BUR-PHL-BUR days: 123457.
A few days later i switched part of this route to my other MD-83, only for days 57 and the slot fee was 0.

Now, the C-check is going to end in 3 days, i am rescheduling the BUR-PHL-BUR 123457 route to the freshly
maintained plane (of course, already removed the days 57 from the 2nd MD-83), but i had to pay a huge slot fee, like 200k$.
Were they expired in 10 days ? It makes me really upset...or is there a trick i'm not aware of ?

How is it possible to switch routes between planes without paying slots ? And then switch the routes back ?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Kangkang
United Atlantic Fleet
~^~Edmonton~^~

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.