Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Did 9/11 happen yet?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Simunic

• Members
Re: Did 9/11 happen yet?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 10:10:52 AM »
Here's to hoping just long enough to make AMS a bit less crowded  :laugh:

lucky you:

European Connection has been put into bankruptcy today by the airline CEO. All operations of this airline are ceased, all staff will be fired, and all assets and aircraft are returned to their owners or to creditors.

European Connection operated from Amsterdam - Schiphol (EHAM / AMS) airport and had a fleet of 60 aircraft in operation at the time of the closure.

Offline TPMP

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »
Speaking of 9/11, I found this press release from Spider Airlines quite amusing! :laugh:

Dear Fellow CEOs and the travelling public,

We at Spider (KB), Airline of Afghanistan, want to set the record straight.  We do not know of what has happened in some foreign place that people speak of and are not hiding those that have caused the flying public and people of the world to look at Afghanistan.  We at Spider (KB) have noticed a large number of foreign army people coming to Afghanistan.  We are very happy to have increased load factors as a result!  However we do not know of these people you speak of.

We at Spider (KB) are peaceful Afghans who are happy to fly people to parts of Asia, Europe and Africa on our luxurious 737s or 777s.  Our route map does not have this country called USA on it so we do not know of the existence of such a place.  I strongly urge the people of the world to consider flying with Spider to and from Afghanistan.  All customers get a sample of Afghanistan's premium opium to help with the enjoyment of their flight.

Graham R
CEO
Spider (KB)
Airline of Afghanistan
Headquartered in Kabul International Airport (KBL)

Offline Jimbo2012

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes the "world" to recover back towards pre-event pax levels?

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes the "world" to recover back towards pre-event pax levels?

Generally last between 1.5-2yrs.

Talentz

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
Speaking of 9/11, I found this press release from Spider Airlines quite amusing! :laugh:

I thought that the Rent A Gun program from COBeT AeRO was even better. To give every passenger a fair chance to defend himself/herself from terrorist attacks, because research shows that normal passengers usually outnumber terrorists on any given flight.

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »
I thought that the Rent A Gun program from COBeT AeRO was even better. To give every passenger a fair chance to defend himself/herself from terrorist attacks, because research shows that normal passengers usually outnumber terrorists on any given flight.

But I believe there was a charge for Y passengers, although those in C / Y had them free of charge naturally....

Jimbo2552

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »
So this was a bad month to start my Airline =(

Offline AndiD

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »
Not necessarily, for the first three months you are makiing losses anyway until the route image (RI) goes up. So when you are ready to roll after the initial phase, you have a more open market, and a nice number of used planes available to boot.

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
So this was a bad month to start my Airline =(

Not necessarily, for the first three months you are makiing losses anyway until the route image (RI) goes up. So when you are ready to roll after the initial phase, you have a more open market, and a nice number of used planes available to boot.

I just started mine (again) and actually I think it's a very good time to have started an airline! You're catering for current demand not demand that was previously there and seemingly has been reduced by 20% in some cases, therefore you're in a very good position to cater for exactly what is available. I would guess a lot of players have some very empty birds flying about right now...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »
Always a good time to invest when economy is low and going to rise.

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »
Always a good time to invest when economy is low and going to rise.

Assuming you know it is at a low - otherwise you risk throwing good money after bad.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
Right for real life, having the right "feeling" for that makes fortunes. But in this game we all know itīs going to rise, we even know 9/11 is going to happen.

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Right for real life, having the right "feeling" for that makes fortunes. But in this game we all know itīs going to rise, we even know 9/11 is going to happen.

Yes, but one assumes that when we get past 2012 there will be more variables / unknown twists to contend with?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
Sure economy will rise and fall as usual, although I donīt think something major like 9/11 is coded.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
Might be : Crazy Eddie did get a lot of phone calls from a certain near-Artic region last year : he was then heard enquiring in the Port Moresby market about the current exchange rate for reindeer steaks and then giggling loudly before proclaiming : 'Beware the Ides of March. Yea, shall they fall like cherry blossom in a brisk breeze, their weeping shall resound through eternity, or Sami gets the damn reindeers back!'

He then fell over , groaned, then began to snore loudly before being carried back to his pit by kindly passers-by.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
Seems like 9/11 cleaned out a lot of unprofitable airlines. Only 570 of 650 taken now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.