Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Expansion?  (Read 1410 times)

Chaxterium

• Former member
Expansion?
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:25:00 AM »
Hello,

I'm just looking for some advice. I'm still somewhat new to AirwaySim but I've played a number of games now and I think I'm starting to get the handle on things.

I'm currently running 7 mid-size jets (quite profitably for now) from my home base which I very carefully selected and made sure there were no other operators. The problem though is that since it's a bit of a smaller airport I'm quickly running out of routes for my 100 seat jets so in order to expand I'm thinking I'll need a smaller aircraft since there appear to be a ton of routes in the 30-50 seat range. I was thinking along the lines of DHC-8-300 or ATR42.

My question is if it's a good idea to introduce a second fleet type if I only have 7 of my first type. I'm worried about increasing my expenses too much. I'm making some decent money now so I'm thinking it will be ok but I thought I'd seek some advice from people with much more experience than me.

Cheers,
Chax

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
Re: Expansion?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:57:27 AM »
well... when I started this game I was in a similar situation. Based on a small airport with not much room for growth with only one a/c type. So I decided to go for a mix of second-hand DC9-30 and F27, until the airport became too small for them too. But, by then I had enough muscle to open a second base. I have now grown into a 90+ a/c airline, valued over two billions. My fleet today consists of MD81/82/83/87, ATR42/72 (all owned, almost all bought brand new) and 8 leased Tri Star 500:s.
So, I would say, go for it!

vbrgds
Kaskoblue

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Expansion?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
I also guess you will have to introduce a second aircraft type, otherwise you couldnīt grow to open a second base. The hit on commonality costs wonīt be that hard.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.