Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Penalty for using ERJs?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline [ATA] Jax

• Members
Penalty for using ERJs?
« on: September 03, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »
I have an Edmonton, Canada based airline and owen only a new fleet of ERJ 195s. These aircraft are perfectly suited for the Canadian marked. Problem is that if I try to fly them over 1500nm i get a message saying that "This aircraft type may be too small for this route. Passengers prefer to fly long routes with larger aircraft types and if you choose this aircraft type to this route you may not be able to attract all of the passenger demand." This seems a little funny to me. It's not like I'm trying to run them across the Atlantic. These are domestic routes, served with the right equipment. For anyone who has flown in the ERJ you will know that it is much more comfortable for the pax vs. and Airbus or Boeing. If I do use them on these routes, what kind of penalty will I get? I wish I could have known this before I decided to use the ERJ to run a domestic airline. Yes I also did read the new engine release notes just didn't think I was doing anything wrong. Sami, please look into this.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Penalty for using ERJs?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »
If you have no competition on the route, you have nothing to worry about.  The theory is pax don't want to fly long distances on small aircraft.  You also don't schedule an aircraft for the 195--you schedule the fleet group.  The smallest aircraft in the fleet group has 68 seats, so just because you get the message doesn't mean you'll get the penalty since you are flying a larger aircraft.  I have the same problem with my CRJs.  The CRJ-200 has 52 seats whereas the CRJ-1000 can have 104.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
If you fly them 1500 NM on a 70 pax route, you shouldn't see the warning. If you fly them on bigger routes, where you do see the warning, you won't have a problem if there is no competition. If there is competition, you'll just get a little bit less than your fair share would have been otherwise. You can probably still get enough passengers for the route to be profitable though.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »
Generally such small birds are not working on those routes. To make them profitable you need to fly them 3 routes, better more per day.
As a rule of thumb the demand should be around distance/10. I tried them before even under old algorithm and they dragged me down.

Greetings
Chris

Offline [ATA] Jax

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 01:09:37 AM »
I guess we'll see what happens. I just scheduled them on a 7 day rotation.

Offline cmdrnmartin

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 02:28:36 AM »
For anyone who has flown in the ERJ you will know that it is much more comfortable for the pax vs. and Airbus or Boeing.

737 or A320 ANYDAY over the horrible RJs.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 03:15:17 AM »

+1

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »

I think he was talking about the larger ERJs (170-195).

But IMO the smaller ERJs (135-145) are still better than larger a/c (quieter, friendlier crew, 1-2 seating config).  That's just me though.  ;D

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
I am 6' tall...  I can't stand straight up in an ERJ... I will fly a bus or boeing any day.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
I am 6' tall...  I can't stand straight up in an ERJ... I will fly a bus or boeing any day.

I feel ya....6'7".  :'(

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

You go in thru the cargo door

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »
You go in thru the cargo door

That's why I'd loved PSA's Tristars as my feet would be in the lounge in the cargo hold and my head barely tilted in First.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:38:14 PM by ArcherII »

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

6'8" and can't stand upright in anything except Busses or 767+ sized planes... even a 737 can be a difficult task. not even talking about door sizes, in those terms I'd need 767 or larger any time ;D

Kindof sucks more, since the company I work for only has 5 daily flights to be handled which are those sized planes (plenty of 32X though)... There is even one BEE Dash-8 which has a dent on the inside of the door because I hit my head in there 5 times during one turn around (basically everytime I went outside *FAIL* )... I think they fixed that by now though. a/c was G-JECN anyone happening to fly it, check, and tell me if it's fixed or not :P

This world is too small for me!!

cheers,
Jona L.

Offline cmdrnmartin

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »
smaller ERJs (135-145) are still better than larger a/c (quieter, friendlier crew, 1-2 seating config).

ERJ135s are SO LOUD.  The Brasilia cockpit was bad, but putting that nose on a Jet makes the wind noise ridiculous.  All ERJs and CRJs should be banished to the pits of hell.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.