Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fair play?  (Read 753 times)

Offline Huks

• Members
Fair play?
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
Hello,
I suppose it isn't violation of rules of the game, nevertheless it doesn't make inteseresting to participate in this game.
About what I'm speaking?
I'm beginner and after good start in "Beginner's world" I joined to this game (The Modern Times #7). I choosed not crowded airport where only one airline was based there. This airline operated in this world long time before my entrance and expanded to most profitable airports. So I looked for other airports to develop my airline. I get used aircrafts and opened new routes to relative small airports. Some time later (next day) I see that other airline (previous mentioned) opened new routes where I opened. It is easy to define that he opens new routes not to make profit because there is much more available seats in small airports and his goal is to don't give opportunity me make profit.
How do you see this situation? What do you think about it? Do you play the same way?

Offline Andre

• Members
Re: Fair play?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »
He's probably trying to squeeze you out of the airport, so he's opening routes that will be unprofitable for him just to ruin it for you.  :(

Offline Huks

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Exactly.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »
If you are a new airline, and have opened routes to new destinations, and he (being an established airline) is doing the exact same - then it's a clear rule violation.

I can see the route opening dates clearly at the database, and it would not be the first time an airline is punished for this. (does one really think that such would be unnoticed if investigated?!)

But to be able to investigate, I need all details of it (PM).

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
As a general rule I would not open business at an airport that one ore more airlines already "rule" by market share. Sooner or later you will have to deal with sharp competition. Look out for places with no or weak competitor.

Offline Huks

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 06:47:09 PM »
If you are a new airline, and have opened routes to new destinations, and he (being an established airline) is doing the exact same - then it's a clear rule violation.

I can see the route opening dates clearly at the database, and it would not be the first time an airline is punished for this. (does one really think that such would be unnoticed if investigated?!)

But to be able to investigate, I need all details of it (PM).

Ok. ASAP I'll send you details.
Thank you.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 04:43:50 AM »
I've had some success in the past with opening up a dialogue with competitors. Sometimes they will be nice, maybe even work out an agreement with you. Sometimes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.