Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Feedback thread  (Read 3121 times)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Feedback thread
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
A bit less than 2 weeks to go.. Still some time to open up and "complain" here  ;)

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 04:58:32 PM »
A bit less than 2 weeks to go.. Still some time to open up and "complain" here  ;)

I like this scenario, but there's something that bothers me:

- The aircraft production lines close too soon. It would be great if an AI Airline or broker would order aircraft to keep them open.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
Bump for this once more, if you have additional thoughts.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
Enjoyable as a side show Sami, and I would join another game like that, although my preference is the longer format if I were honest.
...it's not over until I say it's over

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 04:45:59 PM »
Yes indeed, these are supposed to be only short "gap filler" worlds.

Any words n the updated pax distribution system? (ok, no longhaul here, but on domestic longhauls or short high demand routes?)

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
Yes indeed, these are supposed to be only short "gap filler" worlds.

Any words n the updated pax distribution system? (ok, no longhaul here, but on domestic longhauls or short high demand routes?)

I thought it was good. And thank you for fixing the missing domestic F demand.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 07:15:19 AM »
Actually there was 1 thing related to pax allocation that I found odd. I think it's the same in all of the new universes, but was just more noticeable in NAC.

The miniplane penalty seems to be much stricter once a national border is crossed, right? So, for example, JFK to YVR (US to Canada) receives a miniplane penalty on A320/B737, while JFK to SFO (domestic) doesn't, even though it's longer, and JFK to HNL (domestic, low demand) also doesn't, even though it's almost 2x as long.

This was challenging in NAC because most of the Very Large aircraft production lines shut down due to inadequate orders (too easily frequency raped by miniplane).

I had a base in SJU, and mostly flew <2000 nm routes, because to go beyond 2000 nm, I had to decide between adding a fleet type of Very Large Aircraft (which was later not an option either because they all shut down), or taking a severe miniplane penalty, because although SJU is considered a part of the U.S. for basing purposes, it is considered an independent country for miniplane penalty purposes.

Is all of the above as intended?
Or would it make more sense to have the miniplane penalty reduction/flexibility apply on a continent basis (i.e., less penalty for long routes within a continent), rather than a country basis (less penalty for long routes within a country)? In real life, I think narrowbodies are usually flown on flights from Canada to the U.S., just as they are from the Eastern U.S. to the Western U.S.

And having the lighter penalty / more permitted range apply within a continent would still prevent people from abusively flying miniplanes across oceans to instantly kill the widebodies (while paying much lower staffing costs, etc. because the game assumes that smaller planes fly shorter flights and hires staff accordingly). And it would be similar to the pricing rules for International / International LH in that the cutoff depends on whether you cross a continental zone or not.

What do you think?

If you think the above change is too dramatic for full game worlds, maybe it could be implemented in just mini challenge worlds, where widebody production lines shut down fast.
But I think it makes sense for full game worlds as well, because of, for example, the U.S. to Canada flights on narrowbodies in real life.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »
I really enjoyed this gameworld.
The fact I liked the most about it was the 25mins/days.

I'm also playing in MT7 and the difference of 10mins/day is very noticeable, and makes me lose interest.
I'd like to see more mini games but would also be happy with longer gameworlds with 25min/days.

The new Pax distribution is definately a huge improvement in my opinion and I like it the way it is.
I did also notice the trend as discussed by EsquireFlyer. Wouldn't the solution be to link the penalty to a mix of flying time/passenger comfort.?

For example you can fly an A321 on a long-haul (5+hrs) intl flight vs a widebodied plane as long as you have premium seats on the A321 without a warning. (plus put in restriction for crossing oceans)
I.e. a premium seat on an A321/B737ER's is seen as the equivalent of a standard seat on a widebodied plane.
it's just a thought and I don't believe it needs any major changes.

the game could definately benefit from the Brokers filling up the lines more so it keeps the productions going for longer.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.