Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Massive route overload  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Andre

• Members
Massive route overload
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:18:01 AM »
Shanghai Pudong just opened. And 15 seconds after it did, I opened a base there, just to discover 1000% overload on every single domestic route and most slots taken. WTF? This must be against the game rules??  :(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:14:28 AM by AndreBue »

Offline Andre

• Members
Re: Massive route overload
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
Here is another example..  I thought it was against the rules to oversupply more than 200%? These guys are oversupplying 2000%.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:56:54 AM »
I want my 772Ls Sami!

~~ Err.. erm.. doesn't this have to do with SHA turning to all (almost) domestic and PVG taking all (almost) of the International(SH)/ LH demand..?

Probably why there's some much oversold... the demand that used to be there is no longer...

Mahaha sucks for them. LF just dropped to 3% overnight.

Talentz

brique

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »
Probably caused by them having all their routes moved over from the old airport which had much higher domestic demand? There have been bug reports in the past regarding massive drops in demand on some routes when switching to newly opened airports.

So, doubt the players are 'guilty', more like not gonna be very happy to see all that empty tin flying when they log in to their new home, nevermind the automated anti-monopoly messages too...

Men

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
Because all airline from old Shanghai Hongqiao is move to the new Shanghai Pudong and all of their route is moving to Pudong too.

If you want domestic demand go to Shanghai Hongqiao.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »
Weird.. the old airport wasn't closed though. This must have f*cked up their schedules pretty bad   :o

You guys are right though.. they got moved from the old airport, even though the old airport didn't close. I should have opened base at SHA instead. Dammit. Major screw-up. Maybe the moderator would be so nice to move these guys back, so that they can get their routes working again?

update: I've messaged Sami and asked nicely if he can move my base to Hongquio since I wasn't aware the other fellas would move to Pudong automatically. I really hope he understands my issue.  :(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:15:49 AM by AndreBue »

brique

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:28:07 AM »
The existing players would have had the opportunity to decline moving to the new airport : to an extent, if they let the move happen, they have to sort out the mess, such as the examples you showed above.

nasty decision tho : if you run a big mixed domestic/international outfit, moving or staying, is going to lose/mess-up a lot of routes/demand either way : perhaps an alternative choice should exist : to open a base at the new airport and nominate routes to be switched over : routes are already classified in the system as domestic or international : in this case, an option to only move the international routes to the new airport (with appropriate basing fees, perhaps) would prevent the examples shown.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
You always need to keep history in mind or you could wake up to weeks of birds flying empty. If your country loses territory or collapses, demand may change. If a new airport opens but the old one doesn't close, demand will certainly change. You also need to watch out for major wars and sudden regime changes that won't appear in the events but could still crush your demand.

I've seen airlines go from huge profits and full planes to barely any demand in places like Iraq at the wrong time.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
Yes I agree, but I wasnt aware that airlines moved automatically when the old airport remained open. It was an honest mistake, and hopefully Sami understands. Right now I feel sad and I feel like this whole situation is hopeless  :(

Offline Gstepho

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
Also Shanghai Hongqiao is showing no demand to any other airport.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
Also Shanghai Hongqiao is showing no demand to any other airport.

This is fixed.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 06:29:28 PM »
Thanks Sami for helping me out.  :) I really appreciate it.

Glob-Al

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »
Only just seen this thread, but yes it's like other people said - nothing sinister about it - just the effects of the new airport (compounded in this gameworld by some bugs with the transfer process).

In total its taken me about 9 hours of re-scheduling to get back to something like normal operations! Still, since my previous competitor BKed I was thinking the reward of it would be a base to myself... until you showed up  ;)  :P

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 04:14:25 AM »
Only just seen this thread, but yes it's like other people said - nothing sinister about it - just the effects of the new airport (compounded in this gameworld by some bugs with the transfer process).

In total its taken me about 9 hours of re-scheduling to get back to something like normal operations! Still, since my previous competitor BKed I was thinking the reward of it would be a base to myself... until you showed up  ;)  :P

Haha.. yes I figured as much.  :)

Listen, I think I have about 25% of the market there, and you have more than 50%. I'm not interested in taking over the base, and I'm not going to try to squeeze you out of the routes you are in. I just fill up where I see there is demand left. I kind of feel like you're trying to push me out though, by adding A/C even on thinner smaller routes where I already have filled up the demand. I'll just ask you straight out.. please don't.  :( I play nice, and I hope you will too. I'm not going away even if I have to fly with half empty planes... so do we have an understanding?  ;D

Glob-Al

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »
Hi Andre, I've PMed you as that's probably the best way to continue a discussion.

But for the record, don't worry I'm not one of those people whose aim in playing the game is to screw you over  ;D That said I don't think it's unreasonable for me to fly the particular routes you mentioned just on the basis that you managed to get new aircraft a day or two ahead of me. I've explained more of my thinking in the PM.

Cheers,
Al

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »
IMO it is not unreasonable to fly any route from your base, no matter how thin the route and who maybe already flying it....that's the name of the game.  People cannot possibly hope to open routes, even if thin, and then expect to fly it alone.  No real world airline has this luxury.....Easyjet open a route...Ryanair will follow....Ryanair open a route Wizz will follow etc etc.   Airlines can open on any route of mine...I expect them to do so TBH.
...it's not over until I say it's over

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.