Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Re-Loading slot page  (Read 704 times)

mean123

• Former member
Re-Loading slot page
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »
I just got an error message for reloading slot availability page. It thinks I am reloading a single airport slot availability page when in fact i am searching for a second base airport and am looking at their slot availability for the place i open a base. I have done this on about 10 different airports and i got that message, this prevents me from opening a base as it thinks i am doing something that i am not! how can i look at the slot availability for potential bases???

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Re: Re-Loading slot page
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
Blame the folks at London-Heathrow, it's always their fault.  :)

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
No, its not the airport, its those small-minded people who live within 20 miles of it... okay, having an 800-seat plane fly overhead every 2 minutes may not add much to house-prices, but why they let such minor matters endanger the global economy is beyond me...

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
People that complain about being in airport flight paths amaze me as they chose to buy 'cheaper housing' near an airport, and then want the very reason the housing was cheaper removed.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »
yeah, but bear in mind, majority of those houses were there before the airport : in 1945 'Heathrow' was just a grass-field RAF base in W.London that just grew like a super-charged topsy in the post-war boom. London is pretty crowded and all housing is expensive : compared to US prices, its positively obscene, sure, they can sell the house, but then cant afford to buy elsewhere, if they can even find one to buy ; NOT being under a flight path carries a premium too. Plus the ever-larger, more frequent traffic keeps expanding the 'dead-zone' around the airport ; as what was bearable ten years ago becomes unbearable now. Same applies to the approach and depart flight-paths, and this can be miles away from the runway : A noisy aircraft passing over every ten minutes is significantly different to one every 2 minutes, or even less, if dual runway use gets the go ahead. Add in traffic stacked in their dozens at busy times, just droning round and round 20-30 miles from the runway (I get that in NE London), so, just where do we all move too?

Heathrow is a major cluster-fark : its in the wrong place and unable to fix its own problems because of that :  and while its the 'major' London airport every airline will want to fly there and none will want to leave and so its gets worse and worse.

Perhaps the solution is to move London, not the airport... actually, that is kinda happening already, London is expanding eastwards  at a greater rate than any other direction... until we bump into London Southend airport and it all goes pear-shaped again....

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:46:32 AM »
I just got an error message for reloading slot availability page. It thinks I am reloading a single airport slot availability page when in fact i am searching for a second base airport and am looking at their slot availability for the place i open a base. I have done this on about 10 different airports and i got that message, this prevents me from opening a base as it thinks i am doing something that i am not! how can i look at the slot availability for potential bases???

No, its not the airport, its those small-minded people who live within 20 miles of it... okay, having an 800-seat plane fly overhead every 2 minutes may not add much to house-prices, but why they let such minor matters endanger the global economy is beyond me...

That was the fastest discussion change in topic history.
No replacement for displacement

brique

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »

*bows and takes applause :)

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
yeah, but bear in mind, majority of those houses were there before the airport : in 1945 'Heathrow' was just a grass-field RAF base in W.London that just grew like a super-charged topsy in the post-war boom. London is pretty crowded and all housing is expensive : compared to US prices, its positively obscene, sure, they can sell the house, but then cant afford to buy elsewhere, if they can even find one to buy ; NOT being under a flight path carries a premium too. Plus the ever-larger, more frequent traffic keeps expanding the 'dead-zone' around the airport ; as what was bearable ten years ago becomes unbearable now. Same applies to the approach and depart flight-paths, and this can be miles away from the runway : A noisy aircraft passing over every ten minutes is significantly different to one every 2 minutes, or even less, if dual runway use gets the go ahead. Add in traffic stacked in their dozens at busy times, just droning round and round 20-30 miles from the runway (I get that in NE London), so, just where do we all move too?

Heathrow is a major cluster-fark : its in the wrong place and unable to fix its own problems because of that :  and while its the 'major' London airport every airline will want to fly there and none will want to leave and so its gets worse and worse.

Perhaps the solution is to move London, not the airport... actually, that is kinda happening already, London is expanding eastwards  at a greater rate than any other direction... until we bump into London Southend airport and it all goes pear-shaped again....

The houses may have been there before Heathrow expanded, but I doubt many of the people living in them were.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.