Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to Deal with "C" Checks  (Read 803 times)

F.Randers

• Former member
How to Deal with "C" Checks
« on: August 25, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
Hello there, I was just wondering if you guys had any good ideas on how to deal with c checks on leased aircrafts.
I read somewhere that you replace them just before they are bound for the check, but that does get quite expensive having to replace 3-4 A/C at the same time. :-\
And it is also expensive sending a 727 through a check

So do you have any good tips?  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:18:26 PM by F.Randers »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: How to Deal with "C" Checks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
C-checks are typically unavoidable as you'll want to lease most aircraft more than 11 months.  Just bite the bullet and suck it up :)  If you're running 727 you should be in the process of replacing them as they are fuel hogs and maintenance on older aircraft is much more expensive than newer.  You're best bet is to pick up a 737 or 757 to replace it, or whatever other aircraft you have in mind to phase out the 727.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
Sheesh... I'm dealing with d checks on my 763 fleet.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:32:17 AM »
You could lease them to people for a maximum of 6 months when they're due for maintenance *cough cough* .

Yeah, I said it.   8)
No replacement for displacement

Offline creambun

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
Hi, I have the same kind of issue. Have 5 727's and keep leasing for 10-11 months then get another, younger one. but as they are all 15 yrs old +, I can't keep doing this as 1) they might not be available and 2) i can't get to the end of the game in 2019 with these aircraft.

Of course I could just take the C check but as lemon butt says it costs a lot and is out of action for 10 days + but the major issue coming up soon probably is the fact there isn't any planes similar (less than 10 yrs old ) that fit in with what I need. I don't need an aircraft that has 300+ pax, there's no less than 300pax boeing or airbus that suit what I need, plus then there's fleet commonality??

what to do? Any advice lemon butt.

appreciated

Offline creambun

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
and swiftus  :)

thanks in advance

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
Look for some available planes of a similar size. The Tupolev 204 is very similar to the 727 for speed, fuel use, range, etc. Takes a little longer to turn, carries a few more pax, and is significantly cheaper to maintain. It's available new, and you'll get the first one 3 months after you place an order. There are a few in the used market too. The MD-80 production line is more or less empty, and it's relatively easy to find used. The MD90 line is booked until mid 2000, 734 to late-2000, 717 line is empty now. All of those planes can do a similar job to the 727s & BACs you have currently. none are as good as the a320 or 738, but as you've noticed, those 2 are very hard to get hold of. You can't keep replacing ancient 727s, you need to work out which fleet you'll replace it with, and then do it.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 03:24:45 PM »
Agree with Sanabas : you can only duck and dive for so long before you'll run out of aircraft to short-lease : if you want your airline to stay in the game longer-term you're gonna have to make a choice of fleet type, or two, and go with them. C-checks are a pain, but cant be avoided for ever : You can lessen the pain a bit, one aircraft will always be the lowest earner in your fleet : so use it as a 'spare' and swap routes with better earning craft while they are in the hangar : it will keep your most profitable routes covered and if there are no c-checks, well, its still contributing revenue.

Offline creambun

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
very helpful indeed. thanks very much

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
and swiftus  :)

thanks in advance

Meant to get back to this... Let me know if you need help with anything. Just make sure you save money for your first c check season.  Once surviving that, then you know your airline is viable

Offline creambun

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:17:14 AM »
Thanks.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.