Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Late start in Pulkovo (experiment)  (Read 571 times)

Offline Artem Rodin

• Members
Late start in Pulkovo (experiment)
« on: August 24, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »
Just have started business in Pulkovo, St.Petersburg, Russia. We have 1 airline based there so far. It's Avia Soyuz - pretty solid airline, based 73rd in airline value worldwide and 3rd most valuable airline in Russia with 32 a/c fleet (mainly A320 family, A330 and BAe ATP). As we can see there - tough opponent, but, Pulkovo is airline's second base. Main base is in Domodedovo, Moscow.

First hours of my airline have passed. Have decided the following plan of development.

Domestic route network is really huge with many routes still available with demand 70-100 pax/day. Will build this network with CRJ family.

Stay tuned! Comment and advices are welcome!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:40:27 PM by Artem Rodin »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Late start in Pulkovo (experiment)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Stay tuned! Comment and advices are welcome!

Okay. Advice: Don't tell everybody what you're doing (let alone planning on doing) or they will use this knowledge against you and crush you into small even pieces.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:34:55 AM by saftfrucht »

Cluseau

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
I once ran a decent operation out of Pulkovo. I was unchallenged at the airport so I had the field to myself. I got suckered into thinking the best bet was the CRJ to expand into smaller European airports - I thought it would work as I had no competition. I found out slowly that longer flights in CRJs suck the money right out of the bank. I ended up with a large MD-90 fleet, and a CRJ fleet that was taking away all my profits. Be careful!

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:48:04 PM »
CRJ īs might work if they can do at least 4,better 5 flights a day.Not suited for longer flights.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 07:33:01 AM »
Okay. Advice: Don't tell everybody what you're doing (let alone planning on doing) or they will use this knowledge against you and crush you into small even peaces.

I did that with my all-Soviet airline in DoTM. Had to take out a $70million loan, abandon long-haul and replace new planes with 17 year old scrap heaps but I'm still kicking in the end. Of course now I'm not announcing all my plans anymore. Kind of dishonest how people do that, I think it discourages projects like this.

Someone even twice tried to jump on my tiny E120 Tahitian project setting me back a few months; probably as a result of my forum posts. It's a shame because my favorite thing to do in this game is experiment with unusual ideas and receiving feedback as I go.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:39:54 AM »
I'd definitely use ATR-72s over CRJ100/200s.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »
The changes to pricing now allows you to really maximise income on a flight, providing you go about it the right way. I think we may have to re-think some of the past assumptions regarding certain a/c types usefulness. I'm not sure speed was, or is, as fully factored into passenger choice as it might be : but if you can squeeze in extra routes in a day AND price them at premium rates then the CRJ begins to make sense in some cases.

I reckon that the new changes do allow us to break-away from the 'automatic' choice of 'best' aircraft and show that some others can also shine in the right circumstances. Of course, some-one has to take the risk and try them out, under the new changes, and find out if they can work. So kudos to Artem for going for it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.