Going through planning now, to post updated version, schedule the few planes that built up, and post them today. My weekly revenue with 20 AN-140s and 22 Q400s (roughly 2500 seats) is 22.5 million. For those 2500 seats, 42 turboprops, I need 2934 staff, and only 460 (16%) of them actually get on the planes. My staff cost is 4.7 mill/week (21% of revenue). Pax fees/navigation/landing/ground handling adds up to 6.3 mill/week (28%). And this is with LFs of 85+, and fleet utilisation up above 16 hours.
For comparison, in MT I have a rather large airline, 200+ planes, 130 of them LH, 6 fleet groups, 2 bases. I have almost 25000 staff, over 10000 (40%+) of them get on the planes. So ground staff in MT is almost exactly 6 times the ground staff in NAC. That's for at least 15 times the number of seats. Revenue is 10 times as much, thanks to lower LFs and lower default ticket prices in MT. Revenue is 220 mill. Staff costs are 24 mill, just 11% of revenue. Pax fees/navigation/landing/ground handling add up to just under 44 mill (20% of revenue).
So with all turboprops, and 42 of them flying all day, every day, almost full, I spend nearly half my revenue on staff and every day landing fees, with half left over for training, maintenance, marketing, insurance, leases & fuel. Then some profit at the end of that. But with ~220 bigger planes, flying 10% emptier, I only spend 30% of revenue on those same things, leaving 70% for the rest, and much more profit.
I'm close to filling everything inside 400 NM. That means my options are to get bigger planes and fly further, or open a new base and start filling that with 50 seaters. New base costs ~25 million though, at least 2 months' profits. Plus slot costs. 3rd option is to stay a 50 plane airline, buy out leases, and maintain profits.