Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: "Modern Times"  (Read 466 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
"Modern Times"
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
Can this scenario actually be considered "modern"? The game world starts about 17 years before real life today so it seems like it could hardly be considered "modern". And by As I recall, the previous MT started in the mid 2000's and ended in 2025.

By starting it sooner like it is now, the game seems to essentially render an entire era of new planes, the Bombardier CSeries, A350s, and borderline the B787, Mitsubishi Regional jets if it comes out a bit later than RL, useless.

Just food for thought.
No replacement for displacement

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: "Modern Times"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:33:34 AM »
MT used to start in 2000, but got pushed back to 1995 because there are more production lines open (such as MD).  In starting in 2000, it the production lists are even worse than they are now.  Also, the data for the future is sketchy at best :)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Re: "Modern Times"
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
Many of the planes built in the 90's are still in the air today. Delta still operates DC-9s in the US and MD-80s remain a regular sight across North America. The average passenger has no idea so long as the interior looks decent. I've also frequently witnessed 26 year old 737s registered to charter airlines. The "Modern Times" are still full of old birds.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.