Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Newbie Question Concerning Extra Maintenance  (Read 849 times)

Offline cmdrnmartin

• Members
Newbie Question Concerning Extra Maintenance
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:50 AM »
Hello all,

I've been reviewing my fleet, and I see that in addition to a and b checks, there is an extra maintenance to bring it up to 100% condition (or whatever value.)  Roughly at what point should this option be used?  Does a B-Check do the same thing?  When you do perform addditional maintenance, will the plane not go into a b check that month as it is in extra maintenance?

Thanks in advance for helping out a new player.

Cheers,
J

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Newbie Question Concerning Extra Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:48 AM »
To avoid cancellations due to technical problems I would suggest to keep the performance well above 80.
A- and B-checks bring up your performance value to a certain degree, I must confess I donīt know exactly how much, it seems to keep the balance. Extra maintenance is something you do additionally to scheduled checks, they will take place as scheduled.

Greetings Christian

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:41 AM »
A check 5%
B check 10%

these can however not be done too close after each other. Meaning: once an A check was made, you cannot do the next one for a week (ingame), or 1 month with a B-check.

Extra maintenance can however contain these checks (or even C/D checks, up to how "damaged" your a/c is). I suggest, that if your plane is ~50% of condition you should just make a C-check, and see if that raises it to 85-95% (which it should), before doing the "extra maintenance", since that usually costs more.

cheers,
Jona L.

Offline cmdrnmartin

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
Thanks for the answers guys!  I couldn't find the info in the manual so this is a boon.

Cheers,
J

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 03:11:07 AM »
Hi,

My question related to the Maintenance, so I guess I can post it here

Does a higher class check also cover the lower class check?
Like for example, a B check is scheduled on Aug 30th, but then a C check happens to be on Aug 25th to Sep 5th. So, is the mentioned B check covered by the C check and then it is delayed until Sep 30th?

Same thing for C check and D check happen at the same time, is the C check ignored to the next year? What happen if they are, say 1 month apart, then both of them need to be done on the same year? If so, we'd better manually schedule the D check to cover the C check, right?

Thanks

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »
When a plane comes out of a particular check, it is also considered to have just had all lower checks.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.