Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: impossible to open a base in another country in Europe?  (Read 730 times)

Offline bestway

• Members
impossible to open a base in another country in Europe?
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
it's year 1997 in the game, so I think it should be possible. And I get the information that I can open the 2nd base only in the country of the 1st base. or am I wrong?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: impossible to open a base in another country in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
See Manual / Base airports for this item..

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
from the manual: 'But please note that intra-EU basing in foreign countries (cabotage) is available only after EU liberated the air traffic in 1997.'

it is 1997

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »
1997 isn't over yet. By the end of the year, you will be able to rebase anywhere in the EU. I just can't remember the exact date it happens.

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
thanks. So the manual is not precise. I thought 'in 1997' means the moment the year 1997 starts, and not 'one day in 1997' ;-)

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »
thanks. So the manual is not precise. I thought 'in 1997' means the moment the year 1997 starts, and not 'one day in 1997' ;-)

At least your way it would be a lot easier to remember birthdays as everyone would have the same birthday.......I can see it now....what year where you born?...1997...oh so you mean 1st January 1997...oh hang on, my birthday is1st January as well...lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:44:38 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
the golden rule: if you have nothing to say, say nothing :)

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
it is important to me to know the exact date because I ordered some planes for the 1st of January, thinking that I could open a new base that day. Now, not knowing the exact date, I don't know if I it's better to wait with those planes, or to find some route for them so that they would bring some profit.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
But I did have something to say  ;D
You may not have liked it but it doesn't make my comment invalid.

We would all like to know the exact date every plane was going to be released and when the fuel price was going to go above $xx as well.....but where would the fun be in that?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
it is important to me to know the exact date because I ordered some planes for the 1st of January, thinking that I could open a new base that day. Now, not knowing the exact date, I don't know if I it's better to wait with those planes, or to find some route for them so that they would bring some profit.

Google will have the answer. AWS will use the same date (or the most accurate info Sami can find) as when it happened IRL. Stuff like that, and airport openings, aren't randomised like plane launch dates are.

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »
 well, the point is that I asked about something predictable (the EU treaty), as opposed to fuel prices. The date of the opening of the EU airports is given in the manual. What I pointed out is the lack of precision, which caused that I ordered my planes too early.

But ok. Maybe I expect too much.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »
But the manual isn't actually wrong. It just says the EU liberated the air traffic in 1997. I don't see any reson to interpret that as the EU liberated the air traffic on Jan 1 1997. And googling will give you a more accurate answer if you want one.

I don't know if I it's better to wait with those planes, or to find some route for them so that they would bring some profit.

It is better to not open a base anytime in 1997, and instead fill the empty demand that Luton still has, and more importantly, get rid of all those 722s. If you keep expanding to another base with more 722s, rising fuel & maintenance costs will kill you.

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
you are right about the 727s, but at the beginning of the game they were available in large numbers as opposed to other models. Now, I've ordered modern planes to replace the old ones when their lease expires.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.