Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How improve load factor  (Read 362 times)

• Former member
How improve load factor
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
Hi guys,
I don't know how improve load factor of my airplanes...
I'm losing more than two million a month, and I don't know how to reverse the course ...
Can someone give a tip?

• Former member
Re: How improve load factor
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 09:22:14 AM »

A brief view of your airline reveals some questionable routing for some of your aircraft. Your 744 fleet is really the eye catcher. The poor routing of those aircraft are probably most to blame for low LF. Though, the majority of your routes are saturated. So that doesn't help

I would re-route your 744s to destinations that you can fly daily (or near daily) and have enough demand to fill the aircraft. Your ORD route is too small for a 744. Plus you fly twice on Weds which serves no purpose.

There are some destinations that have strong demand which you fly too. However, they are terribly under-severed. You can't fly to a city once a week and expect to turn a high LF... much less profit.

Once you re-route your aircraft, things will seem a bit better.

I see more issues with your airline, however, the question is about LF.

Good luck,

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply!
If you have any other suggestions I would like to thank you.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
You've got 5 different fleets, but just 15 planes. That means you're paying a lot of extra maintenance.

Most of your jumbo flights are departing or arriving in the middle of the night.

You haven't paid enough attention to how far your plane can fly, or possibly how much runway it needs. Your jumbo flight to Bangkok only has 73 seats available due to range or runway, even though it's a 347 seat plane. So I'm sure that flight is losing money.

Some of your flights (to Catania, Bologna, Napoli, Amsterdam) are probably too close together, meaning they get penalised.

You are using very short turnaround times (I see 50 minutes for 737, 140 minutes for 744, 60 minutes for 722), meaning high numbers of delays & cancellations.

Your flights in general are pretty erratic, flying 1-4 times a week to many different places. Much better if you can fly once/day, and makes it easier to schedule too. I know Milan is very slot restricted, which makes that tough.

I suspect your marketing budget is on the large side, how much do you spend per week on that, and how much is your revenue? Marketing being 10% of revenue should be more than enough at this stage.

Looking at your routes, I don't see many that have a huge amount of comp. So it's a little surprising that your overall LF is so low. I suspect if you took the jumbos out, the LF would climb back up above 60%.

So, you're pretty inefficient in general, which means less revenue and higher maintenance costs. Add in the jumbos, which I assume are all losing money thanks to high lease prices and middle of the night flights, and that has your airline losing money overall.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.