Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Oversupply  (Read 592 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Route Oversupply
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:15:53 AM »
Okay- this game just closed all my MSY- HOU routes ( which I started  from day one  by the way) and gave them to my competition because I supposedly oversupplied them.. So, in trying to learn this game, when you start out and establish your routes and they are doing well, and some competition comes in and starts adding flights to steal your passengers, what do you do? I tried lowering the fares.. that doesn't work.. I tried increasing frequency  - that's what lead to the oversupply warning and the closing down of my flights.. I'm all out of ideas...can anybody who's mastered this game help me out??/

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Route Oversupply
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
Excuse me, but what do you want to hear? You are leading in market share not even having a daily flight against a competitor that has more than a daily flight. What more do you want?
You obviously supplied more than twice the demand, that's why you got the oversupply warning. Why didn't you just cut one frequency and got back to normal? Instead, you're coming here crying like a little kid about that bad evil competition that isn't even that bad. You can't retain 100% share if there is competition on the route.

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »
I'm just trying to learn the game.. everything I've read says that to retain your passengers on a route, you have to increase your frequencys.. Well I did that when I started getting competition and that's when I got shut down because of over-supply... So how DO you retain your passengers?? Lower fares? That doesn't seem to have  much effect.. Better Seats?  More advertising?  Like I said- I'm trying to learn.....

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:18 AM »
More advertising? 

Well what is your route image?
You can't retain all passengers when a competitor enters the route. The stuff you mentioned can only have so much effect.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »
I'm just trying to learn the game.. everything I've read says that to retain your passengers on a route, you have to increase your frequencys.. Well I did that when I started getting competition and that's when I got shut down because of over-supply... So how DO you retain your passengers?? Lower fares? That doesn't seem to have  much effect.. Better Seats?  More advertising?  Like I said- I'm trying to learn.....

More frequency is fine, but not massively oversupplying the route. All that extra frequency with a bigger plane is just going to be costing you money.

Let's say there is a 300 passenger route, with 10 daily flights from all the competition. Every flight will get roughly 30 passengers. Let's say you fly 8 x 50 seats, supplying 400 seats. You'll have 8 x 30 passengers, so 240 and ~60% LFs. Your competitor flies 2 x 150 seats, and will get 2 x 30 pax, so ~20% LFs. The market share would be roughly 80/20. That's a simplified version, and it wouldn't be that pronounced, but that's what people mean when they say frequency wins. 8 x 50 seats vs 2 x 200 seats, the 8 x 50 will be getting more pax.

Routes with lots of competition will earn you less money than the same route with no competition. That's unavoidable.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »
How to get all passengers on a route GUARANTEED?

= ask SAMI to design a game world with you as only participant.

Why do you ask that question after system really shut down your routes, after you got warned before ? Why donīt you at least refer to game rules about supply the moment you get warned ?

To scare people off flying your routes you should offer a SLIGHT oversupply from the beginning, more than 200% of seats is simply against the game rules. To get more frequency on a route avoiding oversupply is changing used aircraft to a smaller one, of course.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.