Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do 19 seat aircraft do?  (Read 618 times)

Nick E.

• Former member
How do 19 seat aircraft do?
« on: August 06, 2012, 01:39:50 AM »
I was wondering if 19 seat aircraft (Beech 1900) have the ability to be profitable when operated on routes 200nm and less.

brique

• Former member
Re: How do 19 seat aircraft do?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »
I think its generally held that 19-seaters cannot cover their total costs if they are leased. When wholly-owned the numbers get better but then c/d checks cost are, proportionally, extremely high, as are staff numbers, given how small the a/c are. Even with high LF's, they struggle to earn enough. The recent changes to the effect of price changes has improved matters for smaller aircraft, you can increase revenues and early experience is that 30-seaters have moved nicely into 'profitability' range when that can be done. I wouldn't think that change is enough to benefit 19-seaters though, but would be interested to hear from if anyone who is trying them out in MT7.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
I have just started an airline flying Fairchild Metro's, which are 19 seaters, in Omaha, Nebraska.

The first thing I found is that when you try to fly them 400 nm or further, you get the message that the aircraft is too small. So that's the first thing you have to realize.
I have bought one and leased two so I will keep you informed on how they do.

They don't require cabin crew, which saves on the money as well. What I'm also doing is handing the leased planes back to the lessor before the D checks so I won't get it.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Nick E.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
Please let me know how you do! :)

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »
I have just started an airline flying Fairchild Metro's, which are 19 seaters, in Omaha, Nebraska.

The first thing I found is that when you try to fly them 400 nm or further, you get the message that the aircraft is too small. So that's the first thing you have to realize.
I have bought one and leased two so I will keep you informed on how they do.

They don't require cabin crew, which saves on the money as well. What I'm also doing is handing the leased planes back to the lessor before the D checks so I won't get it.

yeah, the 'small aircraft' message doesn't mean you can't fly it, it just means you will lose some potential demand (pax dont like small on longer runs) which you can counter by having nicer seats, or lower prices, or good frequency, etc.

I think you should really aim at owning your birds : its those lease payments that hurt : they are, by seat ratio, way higher than larger planes and will hurt far more in the long term than a d-check once every 7-8 yrs on a new bird, which you can plan for much easier.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.