Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I tried to open routes from the Caribbean to Europe....  (Read 603 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
I tried to open routes from the Caribbean to Europe....
« on: August 02, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »
most demand is 140-170 from what I've seen. I get a message that people wont like a smaller plane when I tried to implement a 707-320C SJU-MAD, but why use a much larger plane if thats all the demand there is? The message appeared where load factors and runway requirements usually appear when you enter your route.I just don't understand why I should fly planes around the atlantic that are only, maybe 1/2 full if that. As I found out, I couldn't get above 10% load factor using an appropriate size plane in this game, which if using up all the demand offered, even winds up with about 20 seats left over. Would someone explain this? Why use a 747 (for example), when you can't completely fill up a 707 or a DC-8 and yet demand is there and would come very close to filling up planes of that size. I used to run Caribbean to Europe in many games using a narrow body to great success. Why is this game different? Are demands going to be raised? I was using a combination of C/Y in my attempt at these flights.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:24:15 PM by L1011fan »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: I tried to open routes from the Caribbean to Europe....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:20:10 AM »
You only get a tiny LF to start with because it takes time for the RI to climb. 150 pax route, 12% know about it on day 1, that's 18 pax and a 10% LF, even assuming all of them are prepared to pay to spend 9 hours on a 20 year old 707. Just sell them a ticket to Miami so they can get on a real LH flight. Or lease some 767s yourself, since they actually are an appropriate size for the route.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:09 AM »
Demand does climb as the years progress, its just a more gradual process in this game, rather than a periodic 'leap' as before. There is nothing to stop you using an 'inappropriate' aircraft : if the route has no competition and your prices are agreeable to most of the pax, then, as RI climbs, you will start to get decent LF's : you might even turn a decent profit until demand grows enough to swap out for a 'better' aircraft. But if a competitor with a 'better' aircraft shows up on that route before then, then your numbers will suffer badly.

You can also 'grow' demand yourself : low prices will 'attract' extra demand above that shown : of course, finding out if that extra demand covers the price cuts is part of the balancing act.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 04:32:12 AM »
Agreed with what the others said. However I would advise against using a 707 on this route, not because it's a narrowbody, because the fuel cost of a 707 will kill you when fuel spikes.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:57:52 AM »
I have had no problems past or present flying from POP to Europe.

- Talentz

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 11:08:13 PM »
ok! Thanks everybody. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.