Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: replacing bigger A/C to a current route?  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
replacing bigger A/C to a current route?
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »
Hi everyone. I've just known AWS for a few days, and been playing the demo version

Firstly, I'm wondering what is a good way to "upgrade" plane from a route. For example, I have ATR42-320 flying between A and B. I paid the one time airport slot. Then after sometime, I need to put in bigger plan, and withdraw the ATR for smaller route

So, what is the best way to do it? I mean, the slot was paid, now I put other A/C to replace the current one, and because of the faster speed, the A/C actually arrival earlier, cause me to buy a new slot?

Secondly, I'm based in a large airport, and it cost me like 8K for 1 slot/day, but the other equally large airport which I'm flying to, charges me like 800/slot/day. What makes the big difference? Is it because of the HUB airport charge higher than the come and leave airport?

I'm sorry for bad English, hope that you guys get what I meant. Thanks

Cheers

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: replacing bigger A/C to a current route?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »
Hi everyone. I've just known AWS for a few days, and been playing the demo version

Firstly, I'm wondering what is a good way to "upgrade" plane from a route. For example, I have ATR42-320 flying between A and B. I paid the one time airport slot. Then after sometime, I need to put in bigger plan, and withdraw the ATR for smaller route

So, what is the best way to do it? I mean, the slot was paid, now I put other A/C to replace the current one, and because of the faster speed, the A/C actually arrival earlier, cause me to buy a new slot?

You can cancel the existing ATR route, and uncheck the box that says 'Release the airport slots back to public slot pool'. Then create new routes. If they're at the same time (within the same hour), you can use the existing slot. At a different time, you'll need to buy new ones. Let's say your current flight is 10am from your base, and 4pm from the other end. With the new, faster plane, it might be 11am from your base (so you need new slots) and still 4pm return (letting you use the slots you have already.) Then your ATR can fly to somewhere else using those 10am slots.

Secondly, I'm based in a large airport, and it cost me like 8K for 1 slot/day, but the other equally large airport which I'm flying to, charges me like 800/slot/day. What makes the big difference? Is it because of the HUB airport charge higher than the come and leave airport?

I'm sorry for bad English, hope that you guys get what I meant. Thanks

Slot costs go up based on how many slots you own at that airport, how full the airport is, and how big the airport is. So yeah, the slots at your hub will get more expensive quickly, but the slots at your destinations will stay somewhat cheap.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:56 AM »
You can cancel the existing ATR route, and uncheck the box that says 'Release the airport slots back to public slot pool'. Then create new routes. If they're at the same time (within the same hour), you can use the existing slot. At a different time, you'll need to buy new ones. Let's say your current flight is 10am from your base, and 4pm from the other end. With the new, faster plane, it might be 11am from your base (so you need new slots) and still 4pm return (letting you use the slots you have already.) Then your ATR can fly to somewhere else using those 10am slots.

Slot costs go up based on how many slots you own at that airport, how full the airport is, and how big the airport is. So yeah, the slots at your hub will get more expensive quickly, but the slots at your destinations will stay somewhat cheap.

Thanks for the quick reply
Meaning click on the red cross "close route"? Then it shows an option of release slot?
What about I tick a check on a route, and choose "close checked routes and keep slots" would it yield the same result?

So when I set up new route for the ATR and choose slot 10am, the system will automatically know that I own the slot, so won't charge me?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply
Meaning click on the red cross "close route"? Then it shows an option of release slot?
What about I tick a check on a route, and choose "close checked routes and keep slots" would it yield the same result?

Yes, exactly the same.

So when I set up new route for the ATR and choose slot 10am, the system will automatically know that I own the slot, so won't charge me?

Yes. If you go to your airport's page, and click 'airport slots', you'll see all the available slots. Any you own already will be marked with a *

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.