Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance rating and CI  (Read 518 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Alliance rating and CI
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:46:57 AM »
Alliance rating should be a zero sum competition.  It makes no sense for evey larger alliance to be rated 100.  As a pax, if I like Star alliance more, it means I like Sky Team or One World less.

The description of what alliance rating is in the system and calculation (based on alliance age, number of members and amount of money contributed to alliance), seems fine.  Except remove the components/caps that make ratings of all alliances converge to 100 (in the current formula).

Make the sum of all alliance ratings 100.  If one alliance is up, another alliance is down.  If a new alliance is formed, all the existing alliances are down.  So the new allince rating will be a smaller number, probably between 10 and 20 (depending on number of alliances).

Currently, there is no gameplay benefit to being in alliance, only gameplay disadvantages.  Starting with ~1% revenue fee.  That could be 5% of airline profits, or it could be 100% of airline profits.  Currently, it is money down the drain.  Additionally, there are restrictions on players who alliances.

It was discussed in General Forum (but never followed up) that a game play benefit should be added to alliance membership.  Adding the new alliance rating to CI would make the most sense.

So the final player CI would be sum of his own contribution (0 to 100) plus alliance rating contribution (generally 10 to 20)

Right now in MT7, there are 7 alliances with combined number of players of 117 (out of 650).  It is still very early, about 3 RL days since alliances could be formed.  The average alliance rating contribution would be 17%.

If there was some game play benefit (rather than only gameplay penalties) more players might participate in alliances, and there will be more alliances...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Alliance rating and CI
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
Currently, there is no gameplay benefit to being in alliance, only gameplay disadvantages.

This is incorrect, there are distinct advantages of this.

Alliance membership already increases th company image effect with maximum effect comparable to 15 CI points (=> effective CI can exceed 100 pts).  It also adds to RI in similar fashion but with a bit more effect (can exceed 100 pts).

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »
This is incorrect, there are distinct advantages of this.

Alliance membership already increases th company image effect with maximum effect comparable to 15 CI points (=> effective CI can exceed 100 pts).  It also adds to RI in similar fashion but with a bit more effect (can exceed 100 pts).

Interesting.  I was not aware of effect on RI and thought CI effect was smaller. (~5 points)

It might be useful to show this effect, so that players are aware of it.

Still, since all aliances eventually converge to 100 rating, it is not really a CI tie-breaker.  Just tied component to a variale that already can have 100 players tied at CI=100.

So the one part about how alliance rating is calculated would still be useful.  To either make i a zero sum, or just keep everything as is and remove the cap of 100.

omaster

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:32:50 PM »
Is there the posibility of decreasing the cumultative importance and increasing the importance of the variable. I think Cumultative should be a fixed value that you can max out on. And variable should be the deciding factor. Cumultative should be like the CI of an alliance. You can max out but if something goes wrong it decreases and takes time to build back up.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.