Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Check your A320/21 delivery dates..  (Read 689 times)

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
Check your A320/21 delivery dates..
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »
It seems that Airbus Industrie has decided to change the production rate. ("increase"?)

But it seems that they decided to randomly reshuffle existing orders while making the rate change, and as a result, most of my orders have been pushed back later, some by "only" 2-3 weeks, others by as much as 6 months (from 2nd quarter 1998 to 4th quarter 1998).  Some "rate increase"! >:(

Did anyone else get hit with this "F U" from Airbus? I would just cancel the order and get MD-90s if I could but I would lose too much money. It sucks that the manufacturer can make huge changes like this (pushing deliveries back 6 months, potentially f*cking my fleet replacement plans) arbitrarily and at will, but that if I want to cancel my order due to their dramatic delivery schedule change, they will keep all of my money.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Check your A320/21 delivery dates..
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »
Looks to me like a production rate cut, rather than increase

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Hmm.. why would Airbus cut the production rate when there are 1000+ orders backlogged 3 years?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
Is this the same problem as DC-8 line had in JA6? It sounds like it. Has a new model been released (eg A321-200 or A319-100)?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »
Is this the same problem as DC-8 line had in JA6? It sounds like it. Has a new model been released (eg A321-200 or A319-100)?

Not in the last 6 months. The 321-200 was announced before that, but the production line reshuffle/slowdown(?) happened sometime in the last 1 month.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
No, the rate is actually down 2 units per month in june 1996.

Maybe they have some problems in getting the parts, or somebody over there is in a strike.....  :P

As usual, the delivery dates are fixed 6 months prior delivery, so before that you should always prepare for possible changes.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
No, the rate is actually down 2 units per month in june 1996.

Maybe they have some problems in getting the parts, or somebody over there is in a strike.....  :P

As usual, the delivery dates are fixed 6 months prior delivery, so before that you should always prepare for possible changes.

Thanks. Although, when a mfg. pushes delivery dates back by 6+ months, right after the start of a new game when players are short on cash and credit, there is really nothing the player can do to "prepare for possible changes."

Also, the order page language could be clarified, because right now it only warns that "Please remember that the delivery times are approximate and can move forward if the production rate increases or if other orders are canceled. The delivery time is confirmed 6 months prior delivery."

It doesn't mention that the times can move back, by 6 months or more (making it a very poor "approximation" of the delivery date), randomly and for no reason.

Incidentally, do delivery times really get moved up when other orders are canceled? Usually I just see the slots sitting empty when other orders are canceled, without moving the big backlog up forward to fill the empty slot.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »
Hmm.. why would Airbus cut the production rate when there are 1000+ orders backlogged 3 years?

Sometimes the production lines are not perfectly "rational", from month to month, but eventually, the production rate will go up to max of ~47, as more orders come in...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.