Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot issue  (Read 907 times)

Offline jetRush

• Members
Slot issue
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:38:50 PM »
Sami,

Sorry to bother you but I have an issue with slots that maybe you can explain to me. 

I had several routes with slots assigned to an aircraft of order but started receiving slot warning messages. Since I have those routes assigned to an aircraft already I thought it must have been a timing issues between me assigning the routes to an aircraft and the messages being generated. When the aircraft arrived it appears that the routes are assigned to the aircraft but the aircraft is not flying the routes. Also, when you go to routes not assigned, all the routes appear there but with an aircraft assigned to them and a message stating no slots assigned to this route.

Please help....

Thank you,
jetRush
CEO Desert Express

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Slot issue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:14 PM »
Assigning the route to an aircraft on order won't stop you losing the slots. Only having them actually flown will do that. How early did you create the route compared to when the aircraft was actually delivered?

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:54:41 PM »
It very much looks like you lost the slots. Just reservating slots for an aircraft thatīs month away to delivery wouldnīt work.

Offline jetRush

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:52:42 AM »
Assigning the route to an aircraft on order won't stop you losing the slots. Only having them actually flown will do that. How early did you create the route compared to when the aircraft was actually delivered?

To answer you question, the routes were created about 10 to 14 days before the aircraft delivery. It should have been within the time limits as stated in the slot warning message.

It very much looks like you lost the slots. Just reservating slots for an aircraft thatīs month away to delivery wouldnīt work.

The aircraft were used so delivery time was the usual 14 days.

Thanks guys for all the input.

jetRush

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 03:06:36 AM »
Then you shouldn't have lost the slots. It's not possible to lease a used aircraft, buy & assign slots for it, and have those slots disappear.

Had you cancelled another route earlier? If so, the slots may have already been unused & yours for a couple of weeks, meaning they could disappear.

Offline jetRush

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 03:24:55 AM »
Then you shouldn't have lost the slots. It's not possible to lease a used aircraft, buy & assign slots for it, and have those slots disappear.

Had you cancelled another route earlier? If so, the slots may have already been unused & yours for a couple of weeks, meaning they could disappear.

No earlier routes cancelled.  If you go under Routes and view routes not flown you will see all the routes still listed with "no slot assigned to route" but you will see an aircraft assigned to that route.  The question I have then, how can you have a route assigned to an aircraft if there is no slot assigned to the route?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 04:02:49 AM »
No earlier routes cancelled.  If you go under Routes and view routes not flown you will see all the routes still listed with "no slot assigned to route" but you will see an aircraft assigned to that route.  The question I have then, how can you have a route assigned to an aircraft if there is no slot assigned to the route?

It can be done.  You can assign a route without slots to an aircraft.  You may get a warning, but a lot of people ignore those...

How can a route lose slots?  By not being flown for some time (~2 months).  You should have received a bunch of warnings before losing the slots.

How can you fix it?  Just edit the route, you will see some slot costs showing up.  Just save (pay for the slots) and you are done.  Check if the route is still assigned to the aircraft.  If it is not, just assign it again.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 04:05:34 AM »
Yep. When a route loses some or all of it's slots, it isn't destroyed. It's still a route that you can view, edit, or assign to a plane. It just won't be flown.

Offline jetRush

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 06:42:01 AM »
Thanks guys for all your inputs.

cturner9953

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:34 PM »
i have mentioned it on another post.  does anybody think the increase in slots is slow, compaired to usual?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
i have mentioned it on another post.  does anybody think the increase in slots is slow, compaired to usual?

It seems to be that the rate of growth is about the same as it was in other MT game worlds.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.