Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: High number of B/K's  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
High number of B/K's
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »
There is a very high rate of B/K's.....is this the normal trend at the start of a Game World?
If so, those that have declared B/K it would be interesting to hear your reasons...wrong plane choice, another player started at your base, etc

jneil121

• Former member
Re: High number of B/K's
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
"Welcome to the Modern Times scenario, where 1 out of 9 airlines are originally from the start of the game."

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »
It's historically accurate for the 90's and beyond. This is the age of collapse for century old gigantic airlines and the rapid rise and fall of many a low-cost carrier.

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »
In the first 24 hour day, I made the wrong plane choice, and so I put it in and started fresh.
I'm now very happy though.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »
Same here, Nothing wrong to pay 600k for a slot on the runway, but if that is with a 30 seater it is another matter.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
"Welcome to the Modern Times scenario, where 1 out of 9 airlines are originally from the start of the game."

You are right.  The actual stat is that out of 650 who started on day 1, only 45 finished (without restarting).

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:04 PM »
I BK'd in the first 24 hour startup period because I messed up using the used aircraft filters--I had it searching for planes with <150 seats instead of <=150 seats.  As a result, I ended up leasing MD-87 thinking they were the best available until I realized there were plenty of MD-88 available I unknowingly filtered out of my results :)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:34 PM »
Given that the MD-88's max capacity is 172 seats, switching between < and <= 150 will make no difference at all.

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 02:38:28 AM »
Given that the MD-88's max capacity is 172 seats, switching between < and <= 150 will make no difference at all.

I don't think it filters based on the theoritical capacity, but on the actual present seating configuration. Which for the MD-82 and -88 is 150 Y seats.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:16:14 AM »
I don't think it filters based on the theoritical capacity, but on the actual present seating configuration. Which for the MD-82 and -88 is 150 Y seats.

The filter explicitly states max capacity. I also tested it when I checked what the MD's max capacity was, and confirmed it was doing what the filter says.

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 03:40:19 AM »
561 of those who joined on day 1 are still alive

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
In the previous game worlds, the first wave of bankruptcies were when the leases kicked in.

So far very few in MT7.  Maybe MT7 is easier than previous MT worlds because of higher initial capital...

Offline Richard

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
Just wait for the first C-check round...  ;D

jneil121

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »
Wooooooo fuel over $200 and climbing!  ;D

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
527 are still here from day 1. Hmm 123 Players didn't make it on the first try till the end of the year. 

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
458 survivors who started on Day 1.

But overall, the number of bankruptcies is relatively low....

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »
Give it time, the fuel is rising...

brique

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 03:45:32 AM »
527 are still here from day 1. Hmm 123 Players didn't make it on the first try till the end of the year. 

have to consider that some of that 123 will have started in a second or third choice base, just to make sure they got in the door before the game got full : then as their first/second choice bases came free from early BK's, they have chosen to BK and move there and get properly 'started'.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »
If I can't get my first choice, I just wing it with my 2nd or 3rd. I don't think I will ever start up a perfectly good operation just to BK it when someone else gives up. I had two choices for MT7, a middle ground airport Ive had my eye on or another fun experiment in the form of an all E-120 Tahitian airline. Right now I'm glad Tahiti won.

Becoming the biggest or most valuable isn't really an attainable dream for most people. So I like to focus on other things; mainly surviving an entire game from day one. That is my main goal in any round. Beyond that my goal is to have fun. I actually BKed the 2nd effort at my original JA6 airline even though it was still profitable after years of me not paying any attention because I just lost interest. That's why my current JA airline is the sole builder and operator of the An-26 and the LET L-410A and M.

That's right, I have twice been a launch customer to LET!

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »
If 4-6 airlines decided to start at your first choice base what makes you say that you can't start there as well? I don't think there is a limit on the number of airlines allowed to base at an airport. Everyone has the same chance to make it. If you move to your first or second choice base later in the game to properly get "started" you have deal with competing against the mostly well established airlines at that base, trying to find aircraft and waiting years for new aircraft, dealing with low CI, RI, ect.... You end up in a less favourable position than you would be if you started and stuck with the base you picked first day.

If you made a mistake with strategy than this is more understandable.

have to consider that some of that 123 will have started in a second or third choice base, just to make sure they got in the door before the game got full : then as their first/second choice bases came free from early BK's, they have chosen to BK and move there and get properly 'started'.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.