Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Image  (Read 1916 times)

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
Route Image
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Is it just me or route images are not moving up ??

if it takes 6 months to reach 100 that's 0.55 average route gain per day...

It's been 5 days and my route is still at 0...

Plus, I have heavy route advertising going on.

EDIT: CI seems to be fine growing at 1.13/day

Offline CVACEO

• Members
Re: Route Image
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »
RI is updated weekly at Noon each Monday.  Check again in a little bit and see if they have improved for you.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
Heavy route advertising? Itīs whether you have one or not.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »
RI is updated weekly at Noon each Monday.  Check again in a little bit and see if they have improved for you.

Thanks !... It just updated.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
Heavy route advertising? Itīs whether you have one or not.

You have options... Newspapers, billboards, radio, tv. One of them, a mix of them or all of them.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »
These are GENERAL campaigns, referring to your CI.
Route campaigns can only be booked yes or no. They might rise your RI quicker.
Two independent things not to be mixed up.

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »

Not correct ... you do have options with route advertising as well as general.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

That is not correct. The same options are available for route specific advertising as for a general campaign.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
That is not correct. The same options are available for route specific advertising as for a general campaign.

Yes, except for "my city, my region, my country and worldwide" options. Those are general campaign exclusive.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
Very sorry about that. I hadnīt been route advertising for years because it made not much of a difference. I could have sworn it was only the route you were asked for.
Never to old to be wrong.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
NP!.. I tought it would be worth it with the improved route image rules, but I think it does not...

I'll test how much gain I get with route advertising some months ahead... I can't afford to test that right now...

brique

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »
Sami said an RI of 0 = 20% or so of the potential px will 'know' about you : on thin routes that's gonna mean very poor LF's : gut feeling is, unless you want to bleed $ while it builds naturally, there is little choice but to run a heavyish campaign to kick-start it a bit.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
A route with no campaigns stands currently at RI 18. Another route that has a campaign is currently at RI 24. Both started to fly at the same time (campaign started on day 0 too).

Another example of price effect too by the way. Route RI is 11, daily demand about 70 and supplied seats is 65. Sales with default prices were 11-14 (LF 15-20%). Price reduced 15% => sales jumped to 25-28 (LF ~35-40%), and route revenue increased too (from mild losses to minor profits).

On the other hand on another route (RI ~15) there is unfulfilled demand & no competition, so it's been possible to incrase prices +10% without substantial hit on sales (LF ~80%).

Offline Idioteque

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 03:12:22 AM »
Hey guys,

I am enjoying this age so far which is far more real than any I've spent on for the last few years.

With the improvements in this game, chances are Sami, I would stick around longer (Accomplishment amongst the beta testers, albeit belonging to least vocal one *lol*)

I was torn to either post this in bug thread or to bump this up & hijack the thread (soz)...

Here's the issue:

As soon as my plane is available for scheduling, I added the routes as well as started marketing.

Before I went to sleep, it went up to 1 after a few days or so.

Then when I woke up, after the route has been flown for a couple of days, it's now showing as zero.

Badly affected are these routes on my spanking new A320 equipped with Biz class

WMSA - WBKK
WMSA - VOMM

Another route which I have already flown since age started (WMSA - VSTP, now RI 42), brought in dismal pax load + a paltry single pax in Biz on the return leg. My CI is comparable to all the airlines that have started on Day 1.

Please look into this Sami...

FalconAir - Your Window To The World

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 03:17:24 AM »
I'd guess that in the first few days until the Monday change, the marketing got you 1 point. But then the penalty for not flying for a full week more than offset the 1 more point from marketing, meaning on the next Monday it dropped it back to 0. Then the route would start being flown that week, but the RI wouldn't move away from 0 until monday came around again.

Offline Idioteque

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 03:39:32 AM »
Thanks Sanabas! Whilst that would make perfect sense with regards to slots where there should be some kind of penalty for not utilising it. For a certain time at least.

It would make sense to advertise a route before it started as irl.

Just my 2 cents worth

;D

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 04:08:24 AM »
Yep, I agree. You'd be doing that marketing while announcing the start date, so there shouldn't be a penalty for not flying. But it's not modelled in that much depth. If you market, RI will climb. If you fly a route, RI will climb. If you have a non-zero RI, and don't fly the route for the week, RI will drop. So no point marketing until you're actually flying.

Offline Idioteque

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:41 AM »
Well now, suddenly it's shoots up by a quite a few rungs within a couple of days which never happen with my other route specific marketing... So not sure what the deal is but my money is on the bug... Would love to share the screen shot here for all to see but that would give my competition plenty of advantage wouldn't it.

Still eyeing the LF with much trepidation... So unless Sami has anything to say/confirm I shall consider this case closed?

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 04:28:21 AM »
If RI has changed any time other than midday monday, that's very weird.

You can always open your screenshot in paint, and put black boxes over anything you don't want to share.

Offline Idioteque

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 04:34:29 AM »
I have the screenshot in paint just feeling a bit lazy to cover things up in black hahaha

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.