Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: My Next Experiment: Total Isolation  (Read 903 times)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
My Next Experiment: Total Isolation
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »
Hey everyone, you may know me as that crazy guy with all the Soviet planes that just won't die in DoTM or the first person to ever launch two LET products in JA. Anyway, I had a very specific airport in mind for this round and had it all planned out how I'd be a real contender in this my first MT scenario. Well, of course it got taken and there are too few slots for competition. So instead, I am going ahead with another insane thing I always wanted to try.

Basing in Tahiti.  :laugh:

French Polynesia boasts more than 20 airports most of which are actually worth flying small turboprops to. However if you want to fly outside the country, the only international destination within 1000 miles is the Cook Islands which could need a tech stop (provided you can find somewhere else to land besides the ocean) for many smaller planes. Within 2500 miles you finally start running into New Zealand, Hawaii and neighboring island nations but there really isn't any demand. Once you run out of turboprop routes, the only road to expansion is in the insanely-ultra-long-haul market. You're looking at 5,000 mile flights to the US or 9,000 mile flights to Europe. Basically, it's never going to happen.  8)

I did a little toying around here in the recent test game and I think I can make a profitable company even if I never get off this rock. There's a little 3 turboprop operation in DoTM I highly admire and most of my time and effort is still locked up by the other two games.

Currently Operating:
2 EMB-120 Brasilia (1 owned, 1 Leased)

Destinations Served: 4

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Re: My Next Experiment: Total Isolation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
I hear EMB-120's make great insanely-ultra-longhaul planes.

Good luck though, I saw your press release and was pretty impressed that someone based out there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:36:37 PM by Frogiton »
No replacement for displacement

Online Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
Did you consider naming your airline "Amelia Air"?

;D

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »
UPDATE
Current Fleet:
7 EMB-120 Brasilia
3 EMB-120ER Brasilia (+1 on market)
1 Pilatus PC-12 (not flying)
1 Pilatus PC-12/45 (not flying)
8 Pilatus PC-12/47 (7 flying)

Destinations Served: 27 (all 26 airports in French Polynesia from two bases plus Rarotonga in the Cook Islands)

Profit Margin:
14 / 517   26.7%

People tell me there's no way my 2nd hub is worth it but my profit margin only goes up. I originally ordered the PC-12s as filler to get to the required fleet size to open my 2nd base but got tired of watching them rust. Results are mixed but the ones that have a full schedule are profitable. One of them actually replaced the E-120ER I have for sale and brings in more revenue from the same routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.