Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A320s  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
A320s
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:37 AM »
This morning, my brother told me that Modern Times had started, so I logged on, and started my company, found a nice airport with enough demand.
I went to used planes, and there was 3 A320s. At this point, it was 8.35AM, and school starts at 8.50, so mum was yelling at me to get to school. When I opened my laptop at school, 15 minutes later, they were all gone.
I was devestated.

I'm considering writing a book, or a film of my epic tale of oppression, and the obstacles I have to overcome.
Thank you.  :P

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: A320s
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:22:28 AM »
The used market refreshes periodically.  You need to call the broker to see refreshed used market.  But use your calls to broker judiciously...

If you see an aircraft you like early in the game, just buy it (I mean lease it).  It may not be there a minute later...

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:30:20 AM »
Ahh, yeah.
I really should have spent 30 seconds more, and got them. Oh well.
#Firstworldproblems

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:18:27 AM »
600 airlines all starting on the same day equates to 1200 planes being sought and everyone wants the same 2-3 plane types
Therefore the motto is...as soon as you see it....you lease it or somebody else will.

The real trick is to come up with a strategy that allows you to use a plane type that is unusual for this game, a trick that I have not yet learnt :-)

But do not despair as this Game World has many changes to the way it works, so my bet is that many of the highly sought after planes will be back on the Used Market in the very near future.

PS - also you need to have a serious talk with your mum so that she understands just how important AWS is - you can go to school any day, but a new AWS Game World is not released every day..lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:23:05 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:43:24 AM »
And then, I went and got DC-9s, before I figured out that MD-80s are available.
I've not started this well, eh, we'll see how she goes.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »
And then, I went and got DC-9s, before I figured out that MD-80s are available.
I've not started this well, eh, we'll see how she goes.

You know you can alsways restart.  You have 8 hours to do it while time is still frozen. 

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »
Ah the used ac market.... been there, done that and bought something factory new....  ;D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:19:31 AM »
The market refreshes approx every hour or two during the first day. (random)

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:04:05 AM »
You know you can alsways restart.  You have 8 hours to do it while time is still frozen. 

Ahh yeah thanks. For some reason that had slipped my mind. Now very happy with my new setup, thanks.
Best of luck to you.

ACfly

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »

I'm considering writing a book, or a film of my epic tale of oppression, and the obstacles I have to overcome.
Thank you.  :P

I look forward to reading the book :)  Th first installment I assume

ACfly

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »
Noofnoof,

Thanks for sending me the introduction of your book via PM.. Love it.. I eagerly wait to read the next chapter.. Keep them coming..  ;D

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
So what are the chances of spotting an A320 ??

I saw one last game week but didn't lease (too soon D check). 6 market calls later I didn't spot another (not even a 737 nor MD80). I'm starting to think I should had lease that one...

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
You sees it, you leases it. Even if D-check is only 2 years away.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
ARGHHH... I just saw one, but when I clicked it was already reserved... 5 seconds later "error", it was bought...

Anyway, It was WAY overpriced... Same with a 737... over 10mill the suggested value.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:45:21 PM by ezzeqiel »

ACfly

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
ARGHHH... I just saw one, but when I clicked it was already reserved... 5 seconds later "error", it was bought...

Anyway, It was WAY overpriced... Same with a 737... over 10mill the suggested value.

beggars cant be chosers at this stage of the game.. there are lot of folks who will grab them at whatever premium the market demand dictates

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »
Chapter 1.
There was I, having a morning shower as usual, before a school day. "Modern Times has started!!" Informed my brother by yelling through the bathroom door. I was excited. It was 8.25AM, the first school bell was just 25 minutes away, and I had yet to pack my bag. I quickly opened my laptop, and navigated to Airwaysim.com, the coolest site on the net. Within moments I had found the game, and was trying to locate an airport with no-one else based at it. I had to cross some of my favourites of the list. Auckland already had 6 people based at it. I eventually found the one I wanted, and set up base. I checked the demand on it's major routes. Good, 3000 passengers a day on one route, and 2000 on another, and not another soul based at this airport.

So with everything flowing smoothly my way, I hit up the used planes market. "please be A320s", I muttered under my breath as the page loaded. "Yes!" there was 3 A320-200s available for lease. I was just viewing the time until next D-check, when I saw mum stood at my door. "JAKE*! It's 8.35, I don't want to hear from school that you're late again!" I immidiately closed the laptop, and shoved it into my school bag. I put in my maths book, and some pens. As I walked to school, my hair still damp, I thought about how great things would be in the modern times with my A320s. My first class of the day was in the library, so as I arrived (Just in the nick of time), I brought out my laptop, and configured Firefox for the school's network. I refreshed the Page. They were gone.

*Name not changed for anonymity.

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:56 PM »
Duude, I just spotted 4 !!... I could actually choose which one I wanted !. Lucky day for me...

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 11:14:32 PM »
Duude, I just spotted 4 !!... I could actually choose which one I wanted !. Lucky day for me...

I hope your fleshy corpse rots in hell.

I kid, but still.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »

There were three when I just look. VERY quickly picked the best (cheapest) one only to realise I was $10,000 short  ???  >:(

Now they're gone.

EDIT: Right now there are ELEVEN A320-200 available and still I have not enough cash...  The fact that there are so many manes me think nobody else has either.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:02:37 AM by knobbygb »

Offline ezzeqiel

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
There were three when I just look. VERY quickly picked the best (cheapest) one only to realise I was $10,000 short  ???  >:(

Now they're gone.

EDIT: Right now there are ELEVEN A320-200 available and still I have not enough cash...  The fact that there are so many manes me think nobody else has either.

Yes, I just got 1 of these (only 6 left now), but I don't have enough cash for another one... The other dudes at my airport are already 6-5 planes each other (this is my 5th), but they are using MDs. I'm guessing they are not the only ones that used those planes, and several other players may be using 737s... Plus once the first 10mill are gone, you are left to your profits which may not be good for everyone...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.