Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Notes and things to know  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Notes and things to know
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
Since this game world is the first to use the new and updated passenger allocation system, please keep in mind the following:

- Route Image is something to be considered when you open a route to a new destination. When RI is low, you may expect to reach only 10-20% of the overall demand on that route, so firstly please keep in mind that you need 6-7 months before RI raises to 100 and you can reach the full demand. You may speed up this with a route specific marketing campaign.

- Startup money for this game world is higher than usual, and will also get higher if you start later in the game - compared to ohters. But please do not spend everything on airplanes, since you may need cash reserves due to new routes being possibly unprofitable at first.

You may read more from the release announcement: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,41747.0.html

(this post/thread may be updated later with further info)

omaster

• Former member
Re: Notes and things to know
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
Sami,

In relation to this. How does CI affect the rate of RI?

I mean normally an airline that is well known with lots of routes opening into a new route would get known well about that route quicker and easier you would think then a new airline.

Is this something that has been considered?

Offline Noofnoof

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:51:12 AM »
I'm excited for these updates.
This should be fun, best of luck to everyone.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »
In relation to this. How does CI affect the rate of RI?

CI and RI have no relation, RI raise rate is always the same (or can be sped up with marketing).

COUGAR

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:17:35 AM »
Will the rate of growth in RI/traffic be the same even if one is the ONLY airline on a route?

Say a route X-Y has a daily demand of 40 and no competition, will it still take 6-7 months for traffic to pick up? Is this realistic?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »

I did a test run locally with MT#7 data, and would like to post a friendly reminder to everyone...

CHECK YOUR STAFF SETTINGS.

I noticed that quite many players have turned OFF the automatic staff management, and then have opened routes and forgotten to hire the staff needed. This leads to cancellations and to a general overall "fail" .. So, before the game time starts ticking, you may wish to look this up if you have changed it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.