Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A Curiosity Regarding Seating Configuration (Reducing Capacity)  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
So since I'm based in Prague and enjoy testing aircraft no one wants, I am flying a small fleet of locally made LET L-410As. Anyway, I have one of them flying beyond its range of 240NM so that it is limited to 13 instead of 15 seats. With that in mind, I recently replaced the 15 high-density seats with 12 standard economy seats (for like $9,000, laughably cheap) since the plane was limited to 13 and had never sold more than 12 tickets per flight in over a year of operation. A few weeks after the configuration change, I find the results rather curious.

In 15-seat High-Density Configuration:
Prague to Trieste- 8/9 sold
Prague to Bremen1- 12/11 sold
Prague to Bremen2- 11/12 sold

12-Seat Standard Configuration:
Trieste- 9/9
Bremen1- 11/11
Bremen2- 11/10

So in effect, the Trieste route has gained a passenger while the two Bremen routes have actually lost 3 passengers who had been consistently flying the route. I guess they actually prefer seats that don't recline? Maybe the train has even better seats?

Revenue is up noticeably on the Trieste route but actually down on both Bremen flights.  ???
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:38:12 AM by Troxartas86 »

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Re: A Curiosity Regarding Seating Configuration (Reducing Capacity)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
I see lots of people clicked but not a one commented. As an update, the first flight continues to sell 9/9 daily while the other two now both sell 11/11. I think that is still a net loss of a passenger or two but this lone 12-seat L-410 is actually one of the better earners for its fleet type.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:13:37 AM »
Okay, I'll bite....

trying to recall some of the convo's around the beta test world threads : but, I would hazard that the various elements of the calculations supply/demand/comfort/etc ends up with a fraction which gets either rounded up, or down. And when you are working with just 10-15 seats that can mean gaining or losing a passenger : which wouldnt even be noticable on a larger plane : and, if demand grows even slightly, it may be enough to tip that round-up/down point enough to regain the 'lost' pax. Its possible the seat level/capacity change hit such a tipping point thus the lost pax then.

or I could be wrong... it happens... sadly often :(

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:43 AM »
Hmm...

What is the route data? How many daily pax? Route distance

There are 8 variables that factor into pax calculation. If all of them are in your favor you can draw up too 150% of shown demand.

Easier said then typed though...  ;)

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.