Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft  (Read 3507 times)

miln0039

• Former member
Used Aircraft
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »
Why does this market seem to have almost vanished? I've finally generated cash sufficient to take on a new aircraft into my fleet but I've not seen anything in almost 6 hours of game play now and have been using the phone icon to "call the market". What's going on?!  >:(

exchlbg

• Former member
Re: Used Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
Yoohoo, here we go again....6 hours ! That is roughly two weeks game time. PATIENCE......
If many players go for the same model at the same time itīs pretty clear the market will stay very tight.As an advice for later games:
one part of chosing the right model is going through the used market for models that are available in larger quantities.
And in the beginning it is not advisable to stay tuned in for days, because there is not so much to do. Take it easy, let it go a bit, you need time to raise CI and RI anyway.

Greets
Christian

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
This happens once in a while in demo games, since there is not enough players (new aircraft purchases) to keep the market rotating. I've reset the status of some planes, so now there's something to choose from.

In regular game worlds the used market does have at least some planes at all times.

miln0039

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »
Yoohoo, here we go again....6 hours ! That is roughly two weeks game time. PATIENCE......
If many players go for the same model at the same time itīs pretty clear the market will stay very tight.As an advice for later games:
one part of chosing the right model is going through the used market for models that are available in larger quantities.
And in the beginning it is not advisable to stay tuned in for days, because there is not so much to do. Take it easy, let it go a bit, you need time to raise CI and RI anyway.

Greets
Christian

I've appreciated your assistance thus far, but equally I would appreciate it in the future that should you choose to reply to my posts you at least do so with respect for a fellow gamer. I have at no point spoken to you in a disrespectful manner, and equally I would not expect to be spoken to in that manner.

You'll note from sami's post below that a reset was perhaps required as all new gamers coming in were having to order new aircraft, which then take two days (real time) to be delivered by which time the demo is nearly over. As a result this might put people off getting involved in the game full time and buying credits - which clearly, is not ideal.

I am being patient, but I had built up sufficient cash reserves yesterday to get new aircraft but was unable to until the reset. I have built a successful operation thus far and wished to grow it, seven days demo time means that one wishes to do this quickly. I have already grown my CI and RI sufficiently.

Again, I am sorry for upsetting you - but don't appreciate your tone of reply, and believe there was a problem deeper than you appreciated.

Regards,
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:37:56 AM by miln0039 »

Belinik

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
like other mentioned, demo used market is quite dead. You might as well go for new aircraft to fit the same aircraft type (I did that when I was in demo last week). the production slot should be close to empty so you get your plane quite fast.

I even expanded to 3 aircraft(or 4... do not remember) type due to too much money and no aircraft to expand, go buy the major common one in used market (737, CRJ) they are most commonly available. But do not do it if you step into a real game(Most likely reason for a new player to bankrupt and say screw this game).

GL HF!

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »
Sorry that my tone sounded harsh, was not intending to upset you.
Not being able to look into this game made me unaware there was a slight problem.
But in future game worlds you will encounter those used market problems with desireable aircraft.
I should have given you the hint to go for buying a new aircraft,my fault.
But still I would stick to that patience thing. Not being able to expand very quickly because of lack of aircraft wouldnīt harm your success overall, because all others are evenly not able to expand in your way when there are no aircraft to rent.
I know from own experience that building up an airline takes a lot of time just waiting, just when you are about to DO something. But once you are flying a good amount of aircraft, there will be work enough, itīll rise exponentially.
I just donīt want new players to be disappointed too soon, before the fun really begins.
Hope that cleared it up.
Greetings
Christian

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.