Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Maintenance Costs  (Read 586 times)

Offline stevojh

• Members
Maintenance Costs
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »
I have a fleet of 7 aircraft - x2 727's, 2 DC8-63's, 1x 757 and 2 LH1011-100. Granted not the most fuel efficient and cheap to maintain aircraft, but only things i could get my hands on at the time.
With a fleet of 7, i have maintenance costs of around 1m per week - a 1/4 of my weekly costs!!

How are maintenance costs gathered? A check's for these a/c are between 10k-20k.

Is this right??

IPA_thanks

• Former member
Re: Maintenance Costs
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
You can see a break-down of costs on the Fleet Commonality tab. If you keep the number of plane types to a minimum, costs will be a lot lower. For types that do different jobs, try to stick with the same engine manufacturer, that also keeps maintenance costs low. For example, the DC-9 and 737s more or less do the same job but if you mix them you'll need to pay maintenance and training for two different types. Engine manufacturer is the same so you save a little bit that way.  Keep engine and plane types low to cut maintenance costs. If you own planes of inappropriate types lease them out to save paying maintenance and get some that fits the fleet.

Offline lunchbox

• Members
Re: Maintenance Costs
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
Also,

General rule of thumb, for airlines with less than 10 in their fleet, it is best to stay with one fleet type. Doing that will save tons of money on not only maintenance, but also fleet commonality costs.   8)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.