Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Requests for Ercan Airport (TRNC)  (Read 412 times)

Offline TK1244

• Members
Requests for Ercan Airport (TRNC)
« on: June 30, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »
Ercan International Airport (ECN/LCEN) is an airport in the de facto Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, which is currently quite useless in AWS. I had two feature requests for this airport:

1. Ability to open a base
After doing a quick research, you'll be able to find out that the airport is considered as an Turkish airport (although direct scheduled flights are forbidden). The Turkish civil aviation general directorate also lists it on its page for domestic flight chart. TRNC's former flag carrier Cyprus Turkish Airlines (KTHY) was a company registered in Istanbul and operated under a Turkish flag, just like the new (non-operational) flag carrier North Cyprus Airlines (KKHY) which is about to launch this year or early 2013.

Other Turkish carriers are also able to use Ercan as a hub. Pegasus Airlines uses Ercan as a mini-hub with flights to cities like Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Gaziantep, Hatay and Izmir as well as international flights to Brussels. If I remember correctly, Atlasjet once had a hub at this airport but I'm not sure about it...

2. Increase in demand to Europe
Before its bankruptcy, KTHY operated flights to various airports in the UK, France and Germany. At this moment, there are scheduled flights to Brussels (by Pegasus Airlines) and Amsterdam (Corendon).

Is it possible to increase the demand to these countries. Pegasus and Corendon have increased the number of flights to Ercan and are interested to launch flights to other airports too.

All flights have to be flown with a stopover in Turkey since none of the countries officially recognize TRNC and thus did not give permission to fly directly. But if we can fly directly from Turkey to Cyprus (Paphos and Larnaca) and Armenia, why wouldn't we be able to fly directly from Ercan to Europe (if the demand was there and in real life, there is demand by Turkish Cypriots and tourists)?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:19:13 AM by TK1244 »
TK Regional

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.