Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How are Herns profitable?  (Read 724 times)

irro

• Former member
How are Herns profitable?
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
I bought a few to get the 15 ac I needed to make a second base, but I see people with 50 ac.  Right now the slot costs for one route are running me 40k  How does anyone make a decent profit with these

Offline TK1244

• Members
Re: How are Herns profitable?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
I think you are talking about the de Havilland Herons?
I'm operating up to 88 of these little birds (except for three, they are all owned) for many years now and they still make a little amount of profit (can't expect too much from them). The slot fees you are paying are just paid once and when you operate the flight for many years, you'll see them making profits day after day.

Although they can fly up to 870 nm, I don't use them on flights further than 500 nm and at some point in the future, I'll limit their operation to domestic (and maybe to some Greek islands too) only :)
TK Regional

irro

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »
I just see slot fees increasing and increasing.. and with mx and costs with them if slot fees go much higher I just dont see them bringing in any money.. maybe paying for themselves but thats about it

omaster

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:17:31 AM »
The good thing about them early on especially is they can help you get demand on small routes which later can also be expanded to larger aircraft as demand increases. The thing is they do make enough to cover costs and that is good enough. I am about to start phasing mine out. But they have been a great little work horse. :)

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
Again: Slot fees are paid once per flight, it won't harm you to pay it, once you fly your route you'll get that money within no-time. The increase of the slot fees is related to the amount of flights to and from the airport, more flights means higher slot fees and is irrelevant for the profits made by your Heron, it will take a bit more flight before you get your slot fee money back. Maintenance and fuel costs aren't that high, so that won't hurt your profit either.

I'm using the Heron now for a bit longer than 12 years and they are bringing in money on all flights I'm operating with them. I'm planning to keep a smaller number of Heron plane for a few more years at my HQ airport and give them their second D check because some domestic destinations still haven't enough demand for a larger jetliner (F28). The only two reasons why I will replace them is because of their age (oldest are now 17 y/o) and the aircraft limitation at my base airports (both base airports have already 100 aircraft operational).
TK Regional

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.