world's?

Started by libertyairlines, June 18, 2012, 07:35:03 PM

libertyairlines

When is it time to move up to a "true" world? I'am making a steady profit and expanding in the beginners world and am thinking about moving up to the next Modern Times game when it starts up soon but not sure if I should finish out the beginners world and start the next one and see how I do than.

Jona L.

Quote from: libertyairlines on June 18, 2012, 07:35:03 PM
When is it time to move up to a "true" world? I'am making a steady profit and expanding in the beginners world and am thinking about moving up to the next Modern Times game when it starts up soon but not sure if I should finish out the beginners world and start the next one and see how I do than.

Always up to yourself... once you feel confident, go ahead :)

Same as with a car, once you feel confident at 100Km/h, try to raise, and see if you still feel fine at 150Km/h (given you are allowed such speeds in your country ;) ) if not, step back a little again ;)

libertyairlines

Quote from: Jona L. on June 18, 2012, 07:36:52 PM
Always up to yourself... once you feel confident, go ahead :)

Same as with a car, once you feel confident at 100Km/h, try to raise, and see if you still feel fine at 150Km/h (given you are allowed such speeds in your country ;) ) if not, step back a little again ;)
Ok, Thank you. Also I know that this isn't in the title but what is the best method for scheduling LH flights.

Meicci

Quote from: Jona L. on June 18, 2012, 07:36:52 PM

I believe that Germany is the only place in the world, where speeds over 120km/h are allowed?

JumboShrimp

Quote from: libertyairlines on June 18, 2012, 07:35:03 PM

I would recommend continueing the beginners world until MT7 starts.  There is a lot to learn.  Learn what you can about maximizing your profits, efficiency of your airline, and each individual aircraft.  All of that will come in handy in the MT worlds.  Profits will be slightly more challenging to achieve in MT world and on top of that, you will be competing against more experienced players...

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Meicci on June 18, 2012, 09:25:27 PM
I believe that Germany is the only place in the world, where speeds over 120km/h are allowed?

130 is quite common.

Tujue

Quote from: Meicci on June 18, 2012, 09:25:27 PM
Some highways speed limits in the Netherlands are being increased to 130 km/h (planned to be introduced for whole Dutch highway network) and if I remember correctly Austria was also 130 km/h?
Tujue Airways (🇦🇿 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇷 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇲 Tujue Howa Ýollary / 🇺🇿 Tujue Havo Yoʻllari / 🇰🇿 Tujue Äwe Joldarı / 🇰🇬 Tujue Aba Joldoru)

Jona L.

Quote from: TK1244 on June 18, 2012, 10:02:26 PM
Some highways speed limits in the Netherlands are being increased to 130 km/h (planned to be introduced for whole Dutch highway network) and if I remember correctly Austria was also 130 km/h?

AFAIK Austria is similar to Germany, some unlimited parts...

In GER there is just a slight thing to remember: We have an "advisory speed limit" of 130Km/h, if you drive faster than that, and an accident occurs, insurance is not legally bound to pay, same applies if you drive above the limit, where there is one...

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Jona L. on June 18, 2012, 10:37:07 PM

In GER there is just a slight thing to remember: We have an "advisory speed limit" of 130Km/h, if you drive faster than that, and an accident occurs, insurance is not legally bound to pay, same applies if you drive above the limit, where there is one...

I don't recall any unlimited speeds in Austria, but I do recall 130 km/h on many highways (not all).  Also, 130 km/h are common Slovakia, Chech Republic and France (IIRC).  I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but I think Italy may have > 130 km/h speed limit.

From some driving in I have done in Austria, I think they are actually very anal about it.  It is enforced (with a lot of speeding tickets) and people actually obey it.  For example, there is a perfectly fine stretch of highway between Vienna and Schwechat airport (and going further East) that has a speed limit of 100-110, and vast majority of people (~90%) are driving at exactly that speed.

Airbus101

I say go for it, I splurged because I liked the game design and joined Dawn 4 and jet 6, I failed to join the beginner world quick enought so I'm locked out of that

But, playing both worlds I'm reckless in one testing and use what I learn in the second one and try to grow steady.
But I've uncovered many mistakes in both, so join learn, I figure it's a cheap cost compared to so many things in life. 

ChristianHanin

(Unfortunately) there are no unlimited parts in Austria - vmax=130km/h. Years ago there was a test section whith 160km/h being allowed, but that didn't succeed...

Quote from: Jona L. on June 18, 2012, 10:37:07 PM

irro

Here in Texas we are changing some of the speed limits to 85 mph.. or 137 kmh. 

Jona L.

Quote from: irro on June 21, 2012, 08:14:24 PM
Here in Texas we are changing some of the speed limits to 85 mph.. or 137 kmh.  

Nice :)

where do they do so? I'm on a road trip from IAH to ATL in a few months, along the coast to Mobile, and then hit the north... I think it was I10 or so, is that one of the raised limit roads?

BryanIAH

I-10 is mostly 60-65 in Houston, 70-75 away from major cities (we're currently moving from 70 to 75), and 80 in west Texas. The proposed 85 zones are only for a toll road near Austin (currently 75-80).

Jona L.

Quote from: BryanIAH on June 21, 2012, 11:29:10 PM
I-10 is mostly 60-65 in Houston, 70-75 away from major cities (we're currently moving from 70 to 75), and 80 in west Texas. The proposed 85 zones are only for a toll road near Austin (currently 75-80).

Damn :/

thanks anyways for the heads up :)