Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is This Normal  (Read 718 times)

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
Is This Normal
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Okay, well here goes.......................

I caught the tail end of a Beginners World, and I played a bit in a Jet Age, Dawn of the Millennium #4 is the first scenario I have caught from the very  beginning. 

So With that all in mind, my question is pretty simple, but I'm sure it will get some interesting commentary.

Is this simulation normally this challenging with each world setting, or has Dawn of the Millennium #4 been more brutal than average?  I certainly am not asking this question out of anger or frustration or any kinda of angst.  In fact I am very much enjoying the challenge, but I am curious if each world has this level of difficulty built into it.

Regards,

Offline Jona L.

• Members
Re: Is This Normal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »
of angst

Such strong expressions, you must really struggle :P ;D

but yes, AWS is challenging when you join newly, but gets too easy after some time...

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:46 AM »
I don't know, as this is my first DOTM scenario, but this world I have found very much easier than Jet Age or Modern Times.  It must be because I based at a good base at the very beginning. ;D

irro

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
Its hard starting from the middle of the game.  You should try to start a regional airline.. maybe in japan .. but dont expect to create a huge airline.  You can go to a major and start a niche airline and over time alot of the other carriers will claim BK and you can slowly drain their routes

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
Ahhh, yes!

The ole "I'll succeed at your demise" plan!

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
I find Jet Age easiest, DOTM still quite easy and MT quite hard.  It mirrors the real world really.  Airlines in the 40s and 50s could make a killing.  In the 70s and 80s it was harder but still possible and now... well  you know the old adage about how to make a small fortune in the airline industry.....  Start with a LARGE fortune.

The only exception to the above may be:  If you aren't familiar with a lot of the "old" aircraft in Jet Age that can be a challenge to begin with and it often requires more micro-managing due to small aircraft, tech-stops, fast changes in technology etc.

Generally, I look at airlines in beginners world (when mentoring) and think "Wow, this guy is going to DROWN in the real world".  Perhaps Beginners World should be a little harder to help people become better prepared.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.